Amex Co-branded Student Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

browniedx

Has anyone been successful being approved for one of these cards? For example the CPA Passport card for accounting students, AMSA card for medicine students and I think there is one for engineering guys as well?

Only reason I ask is because my application for the CPA one was rejected this week - I wasn't expecting this since I earn well above the specified $8000 minimum, and I have one other card which I applied for two years ago and which I have always repaid in full, so I can't imagine that my credit file would be filled with black marks. Just wondering if anyone knows what Amex's criteria is actually based on?

Thanks

I believe Amex have tightened up their credit policy in recent times. As an example, (IIRC) you used to be able to get a credit increase every 30 days (if eligible). This has now been extended to 90 days as the minimum between increases.

Have you asked Amex why your application was denied? Have you obtained your free Credit Report (http://www.mycreditfile.com.au/my_c..._credit_file_product_information_default.aspx ) - Scroll down to "Want your credit file but have time to spare?" rather than paying $29.95!

Thanks for the tip! The first thing I did was investigate getting a copy of my credit file but I didn't see the free option so I will definitely fax off an application.

Not sure if Amex will be able to tell me anything as they made it pretty clear in the letter that their criteria is confidential...does anyone know from experience if it is worth questioning their reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back