Amex Bonus Point Eligibility - Time From Last Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehound

Hi everyone, the Amex T&Cs now state that you need to not have held an Amex for 18 months in order to be eligible for sign-up bonuses, but I recalled that this used to be 12 months not so long ago.

Does anyone remember (or better yet have proof!) of when they upped the time to 18 months?

I signed up for an Explorer in February having cancelled my last Amex card in January 2016, and I was sure it said 12 months - but I forgot to take a screenshot of the T&Cs! Now Amex don't want to cough up the bonus points.

It's been 18 months for quite some time. Wasn't aware it was 12 months.

How are people able to make referrals during the 18 months between cards?
On one hand I'm wanting to cancel & churn, whilst on the other hand it's good to get referrals. They are opposing to each other. Maybe a second card, spouse's card, etc? Thx.

How are people able to make referrals during the 18 months between cards?

They don't. You need to have an Amex card to be able to refer.

I mean where exactly do think that any earnt referral points would go if you do not have an Amex account for the points to be awarded to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back