Amex - Blue Moon offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelix

Intern
Just got a very nice looking DM from AMEX AU. "Blue Moon Offer"

Plat AMEX for $450 first year with all the usual benefits ($0 plat CC etc)

Actually isnt a bad deal.. if they pay back my annual card fee this year for my plat ill take it!

with priority pass etc etc its not a bad offer. at least i can see if the extras are worth it.

Has anyone else received this DM?

I have a Green Corp card, Gold Card ($0 fee) and Plat CC with them $395.

[Pics attached]

Attachments

• 89237397.jpg
    89237397.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 315
  • 89237405.jpg
    89237405.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 327
Looks nice!! Too bad I didnt have any thing with Amex except WP Kris

I like the previous offer better as I value 50000 points more than $450.

50000 MR points but the annual fee remains at 900.

I received this offer as well - it's tempting for the reduced fee rather than the points. Looking at the T&C's of the 50,000 points offer indicate that the points won't post until September or so anyway (and given AMEX's track record in relation to points, probably a whole heap of hassle on top of that).

I received this offer as well - it's tempting for the reduced fee rather than the points. Looking at the T&C's of the 50,000 points offer indicate that the points won't post until September or so anyway (and given AMEX's track record in relation to points, probably a whole heap of hassle on top of that).

I think I have received the points today...although it's not the full 50000 points....
(I received 42500 points as a "special bonus offer" under one of my recent transaction)
Maybe Amex messed it up and give me more points on top of the 50000?

I got this offer also and threw it in the bin. I've now decided I would take up the plat card at this price but the best they'll offer me is $600 for the first year.

Has anyone had success with negotiating a lower fee or even no fee for the first year?

Amex sent me a new package today for this promotion.

New expiry date 30 Sept 2010.

Same URL as AV8 mentioned.

I checked out the link and online form but I am missing an important point on there which is the statement date.

I believe AMEX has three option: beginning of the month, middle of the month and end of the month. I'd prefer the beginning and end but not middle.

Does anybody know if there is any offline form available where I can make this choice and still get the $450 deal?

Last edited:
I got it, and it went into recycling.

The "pre-approved" form requires income of $100k. I own my own business, so there is no way I would allow myself to earn $100k a year.

Too bad AmEx, I would not have been able to take up your offer even if it was $0 per year

A timely prompt. My plat card arrived yesterday and I have now sent off my Priority Pass (which I don't see myself using) and SPG (which I do see myself using) apps.

Got a different targeted offer in the mail a couple of days ago.
Just a plain double sided letter and application form.
Present have Green Corp and Affiilate Plat Credit.

75,000 Rewards Points if approved by 20 Sep 2010 and you spend $500 in the first two months of receiving card. Points may take 6-10 weeks to post.

So
- Remain with my Plat Credit (affiliate) at $295
- Pay $450 for Plat Charge
- Pay $900 for Plat Charge and 75,000 points.

Choices choices.
At 0.6c / pt it looks tempting, but then I have about 300k Qantas and 200k Amex in the bank at present and unlikely to use in next 12 months.

Amex sent me a new package today for this promotion.

New expiry date 30 Sept 2010.

Is this a conincident or is there some relation between this promo until 30 Sept and the free AMEX flight on the Platinum Credit Card changing to Virgin Blue on 1st of October?

I checked out the link and online form but I am missing an important point on there which is the statement date.

I believe AMEX has three option: beginning of the month, middle of the month and end of the month. I'd prefer the beginning and end but not middle.

Does anybody know if there is any offline form available where I can make this choice and still get the $450 deal?

From memory there are at least 9 statement cycles, just time your application a week before your want your cycle to commence.

If needs be it can be changed later at no cost but it does involve a card number change.

Hello all,

I've taken up the Blue Moon offer and applied online on the 1st Aug. My account has been approved but I have yet to receive the card as of today. Called Amex and they said the card was dispatched on last Wednesday. Surely it shouldn't take a week and half for the card to arrive in suburban Sydney.

For those of you who's got your card, how long did it take for you to receive it from the date of application?

Cheers

Is this a conincident or is there some relation between this promo until 30 Sept and the free AMEX flight on the Platinum Credit Card changing to Virgin Blue on 1st of October?

I presume it's purely co-incidence. I'm curious though whether I'll get *yet another* "get a platinum charge card" type letter/package soon after that date.

I want one, but can't apply for one at the moment for certain reasons (non-financial).

Can anyone tell me how often these special offers from Amex come along - I'd love to take advantage of this Blue Moon offer but going on holidays in a few days and won't be back until Mid October - and then it will have expired.

There is no rhyme or reason as to when offers come out and if they're the same as previous ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back