Altitute Rewards vs Altitude Qantas

Status
Not open for further replies.

redseason

I have just received my Westpac Altitude statement with the brochure explaining that you will not be able to redeem points to QFF after next March BUT I can choose to change to an Altitude Qantas card instead if I prefer.

I currently have around 900,000 Altitude points and we are intending to do a round-the-world trip probably in 2010 (for the whole family - 5 tickets) which I was intending to use the points for (I also have around 200K points in my QFF account plus I am accumulating the Altitude points fairly quickly as it is a business card).

The question is would I be better off to stick with the normal Altitude card and use one of the other partners for the round-the-world tickets (or using their Altitude Travel service) or should I opt for the Qantas card and put all my Altitude points over to QFF?

Any thoughts?

I've been pondering this myself. I think the better choice for us as consumers is to retain the options on how to redeem the points.

Automatic sweeps to Qantas means that they can be uncompetitive, slowly devaluing the points and a lack of bonus offers.

If you stay with a program with multiple airlines, then they comete with bonus offers to get you to use their program.

Alby

I have just received my Westpac Altitude statement with the brochure explaining that you will not be able to redeem points to QFF after next March BUT I can choose to change to an Altitude Qantas card instead if I prefer.

I currently have around 900,000 Altitude points and we are intending to do a round-the-world trip probably in 2010 (for the whole family - 5 tickets) which I was intending to use the points for (I also have around 200K points in my QFF account plus I am accumulating the Altitude points fairly quickly as it is a business card).

The question is would I be better off to stick with the normal Altitude card and use one of the other partners for the round-the-world tickets (or using their Altitude Travel service) or should I opt for the Qantas card and put all my Altitude points over to QFF?

Any thoughts?
Hi, not sure if u realise that when u come to redeem your Altitude Points for Qantas FF it will be on the ratio of 2AP = 1QFF. So you will have only 450,000 QFF. Regards Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back