Altitude Card NO BPAY rewards what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANT

Established Member
Hi there,

Its been bugging me that you get no Altitude Rewards for BPAY payments...so is there a FREE card that will get me points in a Free program to use for Bpay only payments?

I saw the American Express Bluesky but that cannot be used to Bpay right?

Any Free one year offers with banks cards to build points then transfer points and move cards?

Please direct to thread that have already posted these questions.

When I pay bills with Westpac cards I go the billers website. Not quite as convenient but for instance I choose the battles worth winning. ie I'll just bpay $120 bill but go the the school websites when I have to pay school fees.

is this correct?

you get no altitude reward points when you are doing a bpay payment?

that is ridiculous! are all banks doing this?

is this correct?

you get no altitude reward points when you are doing a bpay payment?

that is ridiculous! are all banks doing this?

No, as far as I know only Westpac is doing this, my Commbank & NAB both earn points when you do Bpay.

that is an absolute rort...

where in the T&Cs is this listed...??!

i was litterally just about to take the plunge and sign up.

lucky i read this first. I thought credit cards were supposed to be convenient

i'm assuming your talking about paying another bpay account using your westpac card...

not paying off your westpac cc via bpay...

I'm still looking for the card that is free and gives me rewards for using BPay.
The only answer seems to be using a "first year free card" for all Bpay payments.....but I've been through most of these cards!

just looked through the T&Cs of the westpac krisflyer card and it says the same...
no points earned when doing bpay...

stupidest thing ive ever heard

just looked through the T&Cs of the westpac krisflyer card and it says the same...
no points earned when doing bpay...

stupidest thing ive ever heard

All westpac credit cards have same T&C, no points on any transactions of bpay. The other 3 can earn points.

Just about any credit card is the same, and often will be treated as a cash advance on your card.

If you want to pay, use Post BillPay (http://www.postbillpay) or pay using your card. You may not be able to use the Amex, but the Visa/MC will work just fine.

BPAY is a shocking system IMHO. I'd much rather use postbillpay or the merchant directly.

Just about any credit card is the same, and often will be treated as a cash advance on your card.

If you want to pay, use Post BillPay (http://www.postbillpay) or pay using your card. You may not be able to use the Amex, but the Visa/MC will work just fine.

BPAY is a shocking system IMHO. I'd much rather use postbillpay or the merchant directly.

I don't have this kind of issue. As I know, as long as your supplier accept the bpay from the credit card, you always can do a bpay from your card, it won't treat as a cash advance. Commbank will pop out a warning message if the supplier does not accept bpay from credit card.

I don't have this kind of issue. As I know, as long as your supplier accept the bpay from the credit card, you always can do a bpay from your card, it won't treat as a cash advance. Commbank will pop out a warning message if the supplier does not accept bpay from credit card.

Yes you are correct :)

From http://ww.bpay.com.au:
Can I make a BPAY payment from my credit card account?

A number of biller companies do not accept payments made with a credit card account. However, this varies and is at the discretion of the biller company providing the bill. Click here and type in the biller company name, to find the payment options offered by a specific biller. Some biller companies may add a surcharge for payments made from a credit card account. Again, this is at the discretion of the biller, and the surcharge would normally be added to the next bill.

Link to search is Which Bills Can I Pay? - BPAY

Just wondering can you use your AMEX to do BPay?

If yes that would be great, that means we can earn points at a faster rate.

If Westpac cards treat Bpay as cash advances, any one tried using these cards to top up your CFD trading accounts (ie, IG Markets)?

I assume it must be treated as cash advance as well?

Haven't tried it out, but wouldn't dare to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back