A blast from the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhen

Just activated my next diners club card and noticed that this one has "Golden Wing" and my old golden wing number embossed on the card under my name. Card issued 3 years ago didn't have this. Card was not a free for life but did have a reduced annual fee which has continued.

However am I going to remember the 400K points I lost when Ansett crashed everytime I use this card!!!!!!!!

Any thoughts on this?

From The Age:

THERE have been a few bemused Diners Club members in recent weeks who have received their new credit card - and noticed the emblem for the Golden Wing Club emblazoned on it.

Alas, they asked and were greeted with as much bafflement as they were about the change.

But from the SMH (apologies for full quote):

FOR those Diners Club cardholders who found Golden Wing Club details printed on their new cards, the company has an answer.
Yesterday, Full Disclosure reported that several cardholders were bemused to find a Golden Wing emblem on their new card - the club went under with Ansett eight years ago. Citibank, which now owns Diners Club, says it's a ''printing error''.
''Diners Club has rectified the matter and is in the process of issuing replacement cards for these members. Diners Club keeps these details on file for former Golden Wing members. Their appearance in no way affects customers' use of their card,'' said a spokeswoman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back