3pt/$ at supermarkets...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzyss

I recently got the Platinum Edge card, so excuse me if this is a n00b question: I've made some spends at both Coles and Woolworths stores, but checking my reward points balance I only received 1pt/$ and not the 3pt/$ supposedly on offer for major supermarkets? Are they bonus points that get credited some other time in the billing cycle?

I have had the Platinum Edge for a few years. The 3x points for supermarket post all at once, not seperately as bonus points, ie/ if you spend $5 at Coles, 15 MR points are posted. Same deal for the x2 points at petrol stations.

Ah, nevermind. I'm a complete turkey - was expecting the points to be broken out into base points and bonus points, but just realised that it's all just base. Checked the totals from the "Charge" column and realised it was 3pt/$ after all! LOL.

In my defense, one of the line items was "Woolworths Limited Bella Vista NSW" which is where I buy gift cards from (Entertainment Book discount), which apparently isn't covered by the bonus points as it's not a "supermarket".

In my defense, one of the line items was "Woolworths Limited Bella Vista NSW" which is where I buy gift cards from (Entertainment Book discount), which apparently isn't covered by the bonus points as it's not a "supermarket".
I live in the area, do you mean Woolies head office? or is there a little one in the area - don't want to buy from one that isn't crediting the extra points.

I live in the area, do you mean Woolies head office? or is there a little one in the area - don't want to buy from one that isn't crediting the extra points.

I buy gift cards online from the "official" site (http://www.membergiftcards.com.au) to get the Entertainment Book discount. I don't know of any method to buy discounted gift cards and still get the bonus points.

Don't think there's any problem with getting the higher points rate from the store there.

Woolies has such a large range of gift cards now. Will come in handy for getting the 3 points per dollar.:D

Woolies has such a large range of gift cards now. Will come in handy for getting the 3 points per dollar.:D

imprenza, you are a babe in the woods but catching on. Don't forget that Coles also have gift cards. You'll end up with all your grog purchases at 3points as well. Also, if you are shopping for big ticket items at Officeworks to internet shop the item first and then ask for the price match less 5% instore. Nice added bonus at the end of the day. Officeworks is in the same stable as Coles but not sure if all Coles stores cary the Officeworks giftcards so a little research before your purchase.

imprenza, you are a babe in the woods but catching on. Don't forget that Coles also have gift cards. You'll end up with all your grog purchases at 3points as well. Also, if you are shopping for big ticket items at Officeworks to internet shop the item first and then ask for the price match less 5% instore. Nice added bonus at the end of the day. Officeworks is in the same stable as Coles but not sure if all Coles stores cary the Officeworks giftcards so a little research before your purchase.
Thanks for the tips Prozac :)

Just recently received my Amex Plat Edge and happily shopping at the major supermarkets. I just checked my points transactions and noticed that Liquorland is only giving me 1pt/$. Is that right? BWS is showing as Safeway and posting as 3pts/$.

Bella Vista is the head office, there is also a Woolworths in the Norwest shopping centre nearby.

Just recently received my Amex Plat Edge and happily shopping at the major supermarkets. I just checked my points transactions and noticed that Liquorland is only giving me 1pt/$. Is that right? BWS is showing as Safeway and posting as 3pts/$.

That is correct, the BWS points are incorrect. So don't complain about it!

Liquor land is not a supermarket, but many of the BWS, especially those attached to a WOW have the same merchant ID and will post at 3ppd.

Mum's the word.

Slightly off topic, but I'm surprised that Amex allows you to pay for individuals charges of your bill - 1,000 points being $7 = 0.7%

If you shop at coles/woolies, then the savings is 2.1% straight away excluding the benefit from keeping that money in the bank/offset account until the bill is due too :)

Just buy a gift card from Coles and use it at Liquorland.

Just buy a gift card from Coles and use it at Liquorland.

Tick.

That is correct, the BWS points are incorrect. So don't complain about it!

Liquor land is not a supermarket, but many of the BWS, especially those attached to a WOW have the same merchant ID and will post at 3ppd.

Mum's the word.

Mum ;)

Is anyone able to confirm that gift cards purchased online as above from "Woolworths Limited Bella Vista NSW" are not eligible for 3pts/$ ?

Using my Red Energy 5% off, I purchased a few cards online with my Amex, but only received 1pt/$.

Is anyone able to confirm that gift cards purchased online as above from "Woolworths Limited Bella Vista NSW" are not eligible for 3pts/$ ?

Using my Red Energy 5% off, I purchased a few cards online with my Amex, but only received 1pt/$.

Who was the merchant? If Red is like other energy company reward programs the merchant will be 212F Pty Ltd so you wouldn't expect "supermarket" points earn.

Correct. No bonus points for online orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back