30% Bonus with point transfers to Virgin Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.

zig

Established Member
Received email notification this morning :

Make the smartest move ever to reach Flying Club rewards sooner.

Simply transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Flying Club miles between 24 Feb – 31 March 2012, and receive 30% more miles as a bonus.

With a whole bundle of extra miles to spend, you can enjoy an even wider choice of fabulous rewards. Fly to London from 10,000 miles^. You could also upgrade, choose a CombiFare or Miles Plus Money fare. You may even want to spend your miles with our hotel and airline partners.

i was discussing this with a friend...is this a targeted offer?

the T&C's dont appear to be-

Offer is not combinable with any other offer and is valid for Flying Club members registered in Australia.

Offer is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club programme.

i was discussing this with a friend...is this a targeted offer?

the T&C's dont appear to be-

Offer is not combinable with any other offer and is valid for Flying Club members registered in Australia.

Offer is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club programme.
I called amex they are clueless:shock:
i called VA australia she said its targeted I read her the t and c s and said it does not say anything about only recipient of this offer
she asked me to send to her( how about that they know nothing either) i laughed and sent it she said she will get back to be but I doubt it
seems only sent to those with under 1k in account anyone with serious amounts even 16k did not receive it

This is a targeted offer going by the email title:

30% bonus miles just for you

I also got the offer. I have about 7K in my account.

I got it. I have over 100K in my VS account. And I don't have an AMEX. :shock:

No offer to me, I did get email to say welcome Etihad to the program, 20% bonus points if you send send min of 1000 points to them.

Perfect timing as I have been waiting for a bonus offer for a while.

I got the email and have 25,000 VS points and would require only another ~42,300 Amex points for a return in upper class to HKG with only issue being poor availability in July.

Decisions decisions....

I have approx 170000 miles in VS and I got the email. Will probably transfer to VS account then transfer to Hilton Honors.

Got the offer email too. How long do points in VS are active or when do they expire? 2 years or 3 ????

Thanks. I check website that for example booked on partner airline like SA to Sing, then only 55000 points, so with 30% bonus I need only about 39000 points.
So is that less then using Kris points and will taxes be same ???

Last edited:
I have over 50K in my account and received the offer: partner with higher balance received nothing

I have 109k MR and got it - also 85k in my VA account - really would rather switch them into Velocity though

Thanks. I check website that for example booked on partner airline like SA to Sing, then only 55000 points, so with 30% bonus I need only about 39000 points.
So is that less then using Kris points and will taxes be same ???
Do you have VS miles already?

An SQ redemption using Amex MR points would be ~46,250 Kris Flyer miles which is 55,000 - 15% online discount.

If you did not have any VS miles and the redemption needed was 55,000 miles then that would be ~42,300 Amex MR points.

Not sure what the taxes would be on VS compared to SQ but SQ taxes are ususally high.

VS taxes are just as high, if not higher than SQ. it's bloody ridiculous.

One simple comparison for 30 Nov, a random date, for SYD-HKG o/w.

VS upper class 40K points (or 30.8K with MR bonus) Fees $195.58
QF classic Business 60K Fees $194.78
and CX (QF partner award in Business) 65K Fees $194.41

just transferred 105K points into Krisflyer two days before I got this offer, groan.

can't complain though, as some of them were unexpected points given to me, apparently in error. And now have enough SQ points now to go round the world in J and also an extra side trip to Papeete or Suva. How do I find the time to travel though with my job I do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back