20000 points with Platinum edge vs 200 westfield voucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistado

Intern
Hi guys ,

I had an offer come thru my association that offers 99$ fee for platinum edge & 200$ westfield voucher instead of 20000 points. Anyone else receive something like this..:)

i have been thinking which deal I should select for the platinum edge card. Pay $99 and get $200 westfield voucher or $149 for 20K pts. Is it worth the extra $50 to get 20K pts?

I don't think it would be for just the first year though, I'd guess that the difference in annual fee would be forever. Though you'd only get the bonus points/voucher once.

Hi guys ,

I had an offer come thru my association that offers 99$ fee for platinum edge & 200$ westfield voucher instead of 20000 points. Anyone else receive something like this..:)

Yes. My wife is CPA member and got the $99 affinity edge card offer with $200 westfield voucher for $500 spend by end of this year.

So at the end, she now has one CPA Edge Plat card, and I have normal Edge Plat card. I will get 20K points, and she will get the $200 voucher. The good thing is that we do SYD-ADL regularly so will definitely use the free tickets available, and the free ticket will always be worth more than the annual fee anyway.

This is how I question it; is the $200 Westfields voucher + $50 first year annual fee savings worth more than 20,000 MR points ... if it is, then go for the association based Edge card.

I know what I value 20K MR points, so I'd choose the regular Edge card for the first year ... and switch over to the associaion card in the 2nd year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back