15% bonus for transfer point to Virgin Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.

casp

Intern
In my recent Virgin Atlantic point transfers I was given 15% bonus point. However, I couldn't find anywhere on Amex website mentioned about this offer. Anyone know it's T&C?

This is a very good offer, combine with Virgin Atlantic's current 25% off offer, you can fly free to Hong Kong by transfer 112500 points (one way).

In my recent Virgin Atlantic point transfers I was given 15% bonus point. However, I couldn't find anywhere on Amex website mentioned about this offer. Anyone know it's T&C?

This is a very good offer, combine with Virgin Atlantic's current 25% off offer, you can fly free to Hong Kong by transfer 112500 points (one way).

Is that a typo or first class? How can 112500 points 1 way to HK be good value? :shock:

When you transfer 112500 Amex points to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, you will receive 112500 Virgin Atlantic Miles and 16875 bonus miles. The 16875 bonus miles is enough for fly one way to Hong Kong.

When you transfer 112500 Amex points to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, you will receive 112500 Virgin Atlantic Miles and 16875 bonus miles. The 16875 bonus miles is enough for fly one way to Hong Kong.

Ahhh.....gotcha

16875 miles one way

it is sad they don't fly to shanghai pudong, which is where i want to go next year. >.<

It is a UK promo.

Just logged into my UK Amex and Virgin Atlantic are offering 15% more miles until 30 SEP

so did you guys know there was a bonus or it just worked out that way? i need to transfer some points to va soon but i can't find anything about when the bonus finishes (with my luck it will be 30 september!).

It ends 30 SEP as per my earlier post and it is a UK promo, so not advertised in Australia.

It ends 30 SEP as per my earlier post and it is a UK promo, so not advertised in Australia.

I have just received the Platinum Life Spring 2008 email from Amex, include is a section about this and that it runs until 30 November 2008.

I have just received the Platinum Life Spring 2008 email from Amex, include is a section about this and that it runs until 30 November 2008.

do you have a link for this rambo? I found a Velocity Rewards bonus of 25% that runs out 30 November, but I don't have the Platinum Life email so it would be interesting to see.

Yup - Ascent mag just arrived and from 1 OCT to 30 NOV they are offering 15% bonus for Aus Card holders

I received a booklet from Amex yesterday including the bonus 15% bonus points if transferred to Virgin Atlantic or 25% if moved to Velocity.The expiry date is 30/11/2008.

Does someone have a link to the 25% off award flight promotion? When does the promotion end?

I can see that it only requires 16,875 Flying Club miles one way HKG-SYD or 33,750 miles return. With Amex 15% bonus it is only 29,688 MR points for HKG-SYD return. Can anyone who is a member of Flying Club see award availability HKG-SYD on 3 January? How much does it cost to buy Flying Club miles?

This could be a cheap way to return from my next Thailand trip....

Hi JohnK,

There is no economy availability left between Hong Kong - Sydney for all of January. (From Late Feb all availability is pretty wide open again).

I think the miles are quite expensive - 15k will set you back aroun 240 pounds.

From memory the prgram is indefinite - it just says it is an ongoing promotion.

Hi JohnK,

There is no economy availability left between Hong Kong - Sydney for all of January. (From Late Feb all availability is pretty wide open again).

I think the miles are quite expensive - 15k will set you back aroun 240 pounds.

From memory the prgram is indefinite - it just says it is an ongoing promotion.

I've taken advantage of the 15% extra offer to add to previous transfers. I now have enough to fly the Tooners (2 adults, 2 children + 1 infant) to HK and back in September 2009 for 138,000 points (+ fines of $1,600).

Compares favourably with the QF alternative, but the availability even 11 months out is restrictive to say the least. Almost no mid-week availability, but it might be a function of the number of seats we want.

I'd suggest you sign-up John, it is free after all.

Thanks I have signed up but unfortunately as you mention there are no available award flights for a couple of months. So much for finding a cheapish option back from Thailand on 3 January.

Need to keep looking but I have almost run out of FF programs. I may have to buy an expensive return airfare from SIN-SYD going via woop woop. The state of the A$ is not helping the issue at all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back