$100 for opening and paying into NAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross710

Established Member
Saw this link on The Money Show (I think) tonight. According to website, applications have to be made tonight (16 Sept), pay your salary to the account during October and they pay a bonus $100 in November.

http://www.nab.com.au/100

NAB Website said:
Choose a NAB smart everyday account to suit you and successfully complete the online application form before 11.59pm AEST 16 September 2009.
IMPORTANT: You must only apply on this page. If you navigate away and apply for an account on any other page the $100 Bonus will not be awarded.
Complete the account opening procedure by ensuring you undertake the necessary identification checks in branch, if required, before 31 October 2009.
Deposit your salary into your new NAB smart everyday account by 31 October 2009.
We'll then directly deposit $100 into your new NAB smart everyday account by 20 November 2009.

I've applied. I notice they have a $4/month fee, so I guess that will cost me $8 by the time I meet the conditions then shut it down leaving a net $92.

Not strictly frequent flyer related but it is an easy online application.

I can easily meet the salary payment requirements as I am in charge of our payroll system, may not appeal to people whom will have to deal with bureaucratic HR departments twice in two months.

I'l be interested to see how much actual $$$ I can get out of it by the time they credit the dollars before they claw more of it back in bank fees.

I owuld have gone for the everyday GOLD banking option with the Visa Debit, it has the fee waiver and the debit card has no FX fees (which I confirmed last week with a US purchase), you would have had to deposit a bit of money to get the fee waived but given the conditions of the offer was salary credit then that should nto have been a prob.

I owuld have gone for the everyday GOLD banking option with the Visa Debit, it has the fee waiver and the debit card has no FX fees (which I confirmed last week with a US purchase), you would have had to deposit a bit of money to get the fee waived but given the conditions of the offer was salary credit then that should nto have been a prob.

Seconded. Best bank account I ever had. :) Fee waiver certainly a bonus. I mainly use it for ATM withdrawals when overseas (though certain ATMs still charge a $2 fee - Bank of America comes to mind, Wells Fargo doesn't i think), AMEX for all my shopping to get points.

The Gold Visa Debit also comes with travel insurance btw, helpful if one doesn't want to get one of those premium credit cards.

Got to love 'em. Received a confirmation email from NAB to let me know this account was being opened and details of the $100 offer.

First line of email:

NOTE: Please do not change the "NAB Ref" number in the subject line of this
email when replying to NAB.

Last line:

Please don't respond to this email

Got to love 'em. Received a confirmation email from NAB to let me know this account was being opened and details of the $100 offer.

First line of email:

Last line:

Same here:mrgreen:. I have already got a gold banking, simply apply another ebanking in order to get $100. How nice NAB is!

$100 bonus has been received into my NAB account.

Result

$100 bonus
less bank fee October -$4
less bank fee November -$4
less overdrawn fee Westpac -$9*

Net cash +$83 - Thank you NAB.

Got caught by some fine print which required me to go to a NAB branch before I could access the October pay that I deposited. Couldn't transfer funds by NAB internet banking and missed a Westpac payment due to being overseas.

All up an interesting experience.

Currently in the process of closing the account before I get any more charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back