Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkybelle

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Just incase some of you throw away snail mail
just got an invite to a 1.9% interest deal on my plat reserve

normally I always pay off but at 1.9 its certainly worthwhile.
just gotta think about what i want to buy.:mrgreen:

Just incase some of you throw away snail mail
just got an invite to a 1.9% interest deal on my plat reserve

normally I always pay off but at 1.9 its certainly worthwhile.
just gotta think about what i want to buy.:mrgreen:

Maybe some J specials with QF or BA.

I received this offer as well.

I am already in the middle of a 2.99% offer for the Qantas premium card that expires in May 2012.

That's what I've found with Amex - v stingy on the offers if you spend regularly with them.

Try shifting your spend to another card and they should throw some bones your way way within a few months :) Last time I did they tossed me a fee free Plat Edge

Most of my spend is with Amex and I am not sure whether this would be considered a lot but I regularly receive these offers.

I received the 2.99% on the Qantas Amex premium card a few times and I have now received this latest offer on the Gold card as well.

While these offers are quite good I would rather have a balance transfer offer of 1.99% or 2.99% for 12-18 months.

Received one of these and have activated.

I note the restriction being that you must carry a balance and make minimum payment (fine) - I understand as you dont make full payment you will be charged for purchase from day 1.

But would do you do the month before.
My offer starts 12 March.
My previous statement is due 18 March (and obviously at higher rate)
In the meantime to 18 March I will have accrued another $x00 in purchases.

My current plan is to on 18 March pay previous statement plus current amounts owing (rounded down) so I am carry a $0.xx balance, then spend like the wind for 6months only paying minimum.

Is that in compliance??

I cannot see any reason why purchases after 12 March would not count for this promotion as long as you keep an ongoing balance for the next 6 months.

That was my intention anyway but have not registered as I left the paperwork behind in Sydney and not sure if I can register end of this week.

The current promotion I have on the Qantas Amex premium card even has the date the promotion expires on the statement so need to make sure that the balance is paid off before that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back