“Incident At International” SYD Fri 15/6/18 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

“Incident At International” SYD Fri 15/6/18

jamesatfish

I’m currently in the QF Business lounge in Sydney, they’re making announcements that all flights ex-Sydney this morning will have nil catering due to an “incident at International” (their words).

Anyone know more?

BudgetFly

Intern
Flights
My Map
I’m currently in the QF Business lounge in Sydney, they’re making announcements that all flights ex-Sydney this morning will have nil catering due to an “incident at International” (their words).

Anyone know more?
Is there only one catering provider?

eddie 73

Nothing yet on website, twitter, tv/radio. Interesting, what’s to unfold?

jamesatfish

It’s odd indeed, no obvious signs of any issues and no delays at international transfer as far as I can tell.

Will see whether my flight has any catering issues - though it’s a Q400 to CBR so there’s not really any catering anyway.

BudgetFly

Intern
Flights
My Map
Apparently it's a chemical spill in an aircraft. That plane has been sealed off... Reported on Sunrise news...

Denali

AFF Supporter
American Airlines flight white powder discovered.
Someone dropped their cocaine?

Reminds me of the time one of our staff was asked by R&D to take a baggie of harmless chemical product from SYD-AKL but it was white powder. Yeah, nah.

milehighclub

My sources are telling me a different issue is the reasons for no catering and unrelated to the posted links above.

drron

AFF Supporter
I cant see how a white substance on an AA aircraft would stop all catering.
Though after what we got yesterday flying to MEL it might have been good if it happened yesterday.o_O:D

jamesatfish

My sources are telling me a different issue is the reasons for no catering and unrelated to the posted links above.
If so, that’s a bit rough if Qantas are using the chemical discovery issue (something genuinely out of their hands) to cover up a different failing.

As has been said however, at least they let people know and suggested they take food / coffee from the lounge rather than having them find out on the aircraft.

bigjobs

Someone lost their Jazz Salt.

that's a definite reason for a disturbance in the kitchen.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maurie keenan