Qantas Premier Platinum Application Nightmare [Post Approval Check]

erousen

I applied for a Premier Platinum card 2 weeks ago today and feel like I’ve provided everything but a DNA sample which at this point I wouldn’t even be surprised if they asked for it.

I’ve been self employed for 5 years, submitted two tax returns, passport, drivers license and a current credit card statement initially.

They sent me a letter asking me to go to Australia Post and verify my ID, no worries did that. Then they called asking for another photo of my license, did that while they were on the phone. The next day I got a email and text saying it was approved, congratulations your credit limit is X amount.

Last weekend I downloaded the Qantas money app, it all showed up asking me to activate the card which was supposedly on the way. Then on Monday, three days ago I got a call from someone that sounded like a scammer asking me to submit bank statements for a period of time that he didn’t even know till he finally arrived upon a month and said showing ‘salary’ and had my name/address on it. I explained self employed and said I had statements with multiple deposits for invoices. I sent it over this the same day.

Apparently the system has plucked me as the unlucky one and deems I need a post approval check.

I call again and now they want to know if I have any other phone numbers or email addresses. Then they tell me to wait again for god knows how long. I’ve already got the card it’s taken so long.

I applied for a Premier Platinum card 2 weeks ago today and feel like I’ve provided everything ….

… I call again and now they want to know if I have any other phone numbers or email addresses. Then they tell me to wait again for god knows how long …
When Citi was the card issuer, their Call Centre in Manilla was pretty ordinary, in my experience. If NAB, the new issuer, is using the same staff, then nothing would surprise me. Robots, reading from scripts, with no real grasp of what they are doing it seems.

And welcome to AFF.

When Citi was the card issuer, their Call Centre in Manilla was pretty ordinary, in my experience. If NAB, the new issuer, is using the same staff, then nothing would surprise me. Robots, reading from scripts, with no real grasp of what they are doing it seems.

And welcome to AFF.
Yeah they’re all overseas based. They just keep saying they need time to verify, like verify what? There’s nothing on my Equifax so I’m not sure if they’re having issues getting Equifax to identify me but then I went to Australia Post. It’s all incredibly strange and immensely frustrating as I have a card here that’s useless.

Back