10-15% Bonus on transfers to Virgin until 15/3/24

drron

Veteran Member
Thinking I will probably take advantage of this one as a slightly better rate to get KF points.
300000 MR points gives you 100000 in KF but 150000 in Velocity. With 10% extra = 165000 velocity points.
155000 Velocity points + 100000 in KF. So 10000 Velocity points extra when transferring to VA rather than KF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rate appears to be different for Plat/Centurion cards - my bonus is 15%

1709248608019.png

Bonus Velocity Points: To receive 15% bonus Velocity Points you must transfer a minimum of 2,000 Membership Rewards points from the American Express Membership Rewards Program to Velocity into Velocity Points in one transaction between 12:01am (AEST) 1 March 2024 and 11:59pm (AEST) 15 March 2024 (Promotion Period). The Primary Card Member must be enrolled in Premium Ascent Membership Rewards Program in order to receive the 15% bonus Velocity Points. A Card Member can redeem this bonus Points offer multiple times throughout the Promotion Period. The bonus Velocity Points will be calculated as 15% of the base number of Velocity Points you will receive when you transfer Membership Rewards points to Velocity Points each time you make a transfer during the Promotion Period.

A minimum of 2,000 Membership Rewards points must be redeemed for Velocity Points at any one time and must be in increments of 2 Membership Rewards points during the Promotion Period and must be in whole numbers. For full details on points transfers, including eligibility criteria, minimum points transfer requirements, applicable conversion rate see the American Express Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. The earning and redemption of Membership Rewards points is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards Program. The redemption of Membership Rewards points will be administered solely by American Express and will take up to 1 business day to transfer into your Velocity account and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards Program in which you are enrolled. Once the Membership Rewards points have been redeemed for Velocity Points, they are governed by the Velocity membership Terms and Conditions and cannot be reversed. Transferred Velocity Points will take up to 1 business day to be available in your Velocity account. Bonus Velocity Points will be administered by Velocity Frequent Flyer which may take up to 6 weeks to transfer into your Velocity Membership account. Bonus Velocity Points are calculated on the total number of Membership Rewards points transferred to the Velocity account (as converted to Velocity Points) in accordance with the offer.

Rate appears to be different for Plat/Centurion cards - my bonus is 15%

View attachment 373030

Bonus Velocity Points: To receive 15% bonus Velocity Points you must transfer a minimum of 2,000 Membership Rewards points from the American Express Membership Rewards Program to Velocity into Velocity Points in one transaction between 12:01am (AEST) 1 March 2024 and 11:59pm (AEST) 15 March 2024 (Promotion Period). The Primary Card Member must be enrolled in Premium Ascent Membership Rewards Program in order to receive the 15% bonus Velocity Points. A Card Member can redeem this bonus Points offer multiple times throughout the Promotion Period. The bonus Velocity Points will be calculated as 15% of the base number of Velocity Points you will receive when you transfer Membership Rewards points to Velocity Points each time you make a transfer during the Promotion Period.

A minimum of 2,000 Membership Rewards points must be redeemed for Velocity Points at any one time and must be in increments of 2 Membership Rewards points during the Promotion Period and must be in whole numbers. For full details on points transfers, including eligibility criteria, minimum points transfer requirements, applicable conversion rate see the American Express Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. The earning and redemption of Membership Rewards points is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards Program. The redemption of Membership Rewards points will be administered solely by American Express and will take up to 1 business day to transfer into your Velocity account and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards Program in which you are enrolled. Once the Membership Rewards points have been redeemed for Velocity Points, they are governed by the Velocity membership Terms and Conditions and cannot be reversed. Transferred Velocity Points will take up to 1 business day to be available in your Velocity account. Bonus Velocity Points will be administered by Velocity Frequent Flyer which may take up to 6 weeks to transfer into your Velocity Membership account. Bonus Velocity Points are calculated on the total number of Membership Rewards points transferred to the Velocity account (as converted to Velocity Points) in accordance with the offer.
I got the 15% for a plat card as well
Post automatically merged:

This seems really close to the 20% bonus that just finished a month ago. I don't recall 2 bonuses' so close together before

I got 10% on Platinum Edge.
Did same calc at Dr Ron above.
Even if I wanted them as Kris it would get more if going via Virgin and suffering the 1.55

Yes - if your final destination is SQ it is about a 10% better result transferring Amex -> VA (with 15% bonus) -> SQ than straight Amex -> SQ

What you lose is the ability to use those miles with other Amex partners.

But for me I'm eying some SQ Suites reward flights so I may well take up this offer.

Maybe they should have co-ordinated their email mail outs a little better - I got a 10% bonus email from Velocity but a 15% bonus from Amex (Platinum Charge Card). Definitely prefer 15%!

Should I transfer it now or shold I wait for another offer to come, my card is expiring in August and I'm planning to cancel the card if I am not given any retention offer.

I usually fly SG and travel around Asia so Velocity has been good.

Back