Citi Prestige Stole 129,000 Thank You Points From Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Your Thank You Points ASAP!

It’s smart to use your Citi Bank Thank You Points ASAP or possibly lose them all. Recently I had my Citi Prestige Card cancelled without notice and they stole 129,000 Thank You points from my account. Citi Prestige Card also refused to reimburse or prorate my annual fee of US $450.00. Other than an email notification on the date of the cancellation I was not appraised of any problems with the account.

Citi's brief explanation in the email was based on “a delinquent credit obligation(s), either paid or unpaid” in my Experian credit report (not to Citi Bank). Their only response when I contacted them was, we can cancel your account and the Thank You points at any time and without notice or reason. When the account is closed, you lose your Thank You points!

I’d never been late on payments. My account was not in arrears. The only blemish on my credit report was a $3.00 charge I refused to pay to Life Miles, Banco Popular (completely incompetent) credit card account which appeared three months after I had cancelled the card. The charge was in dispute (settled since in my favor) when Citi Prestige cancelled my account and stole the 129,000 Thank you points, refusing to state a reason other than the Experian report.

I tried multiple times through Citi Chat, Citi Secure Message Center and telephone and no one with Citi Bank, Citi Card, Citi Prestige would answer my questions with anymore specificity.

My only remedy is a legal suit. Which I’ll file in the next week.

Use Your Thank You Points ASAP!

It’s smart to use your Citi Bank Thank You Points ASAP or possibly lose them all. Recently I had my Citi Prestige Card cancelled without notice and they stole 129,000 Thank You points from my account. Citi Prestige Card also refused to reimburse or prorate my annual fee of US $450.00. Other than an email notification on the date of the cancellation I was not appraised of any problems with the account.

Citi's brief explanation in the email was based on “a delinquent credit obligation(s), either paid or unpaid” in my Experian credit report (not to Citi Bank). Their only response when I contacted them was, we can cancel your account and the Thank You points at any time and without notice or reason. When the account is closed, you lose your Thank You points!

I’d never been late on payments. My account was not in arrears. The only blemish on my credit report was a $3.00 charge I refused to pay to Life Miles, Banco Popular (completely incompetent) credit card account which appeared three months after I had cancelled the card. The charge was in dispute (settled since in my favor) when Citi Prestige cancelled my account and stole the 129,000 Thank you points, refusing to state a reason other than the Experian report.

I tried multiple times through Citi Chat, Citi Secure Message Center and telephone and no one with Citi Bank, Citi Card, Citi Prestige would answer my questions with anymore specificity.

My only remedy is a legal suit. Which I’ll file in the next week.

...So you signed up to an Australian Forum regarding a US Citi credit card about Thank You points which we don't have and policies which may or may not be similar to ours because of an issue with a Puerto Rican credit card account dispute, which I read as, they have the last laugh because you lost all your welcome points.

I'll remember this if I am able to sign up for a US credit card. If Citi have reason to shut down my card and revoke points, I'm not sure what legal ground I have to fight for bonus points.

We have Citi US credit cards that are both running smoothly. Our miles post each month to AA rather than to a Citi warehouse.

We both have SSNs. My sons don’t so I have the eldest with a card running off mine with Citi and that will get him set over the next year. My youngest son has a Bank Of America covered credit card and now has a Chase credit card once he proved up a US address.
They both enjoy the US.

The aa cards points/miles go directly to your AA account where as ThankYou points are held with CitiBank/CitiCards.

As far as an earlier post about not being in Australia, all I can say is I post the truth for anyone interested, so they may be aware. FF's are a world community. Also, plenty of Americans as well as Europeans read AustralianFrequentFlyer.com.au. I have for at least 13 years. As well as other forums and FF blogs. My legal suit against British Airways was posted on Australian travel blogs. I'm sure BA suits are of interest to Australians as well as other world travellers. In fact FF's who were charged exorbitant fuel surcharges by BA are in the final stages of settlement. See: Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back