You could earn 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points with Earth+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibspmuh

If you like to travel, it's time you came to Earth+
You could earn 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points with Earth+.* Promotion ends 29 February 2008.
If you like to travel, now's the time to come to Earth+. It's a credit card with a range of travel rewards and benefits.
You could earn 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points with Earth+. Here's how.

• Apply for your Earth+ credit card between 1 and 29 February 2008 using the special promotion code EAAA8.
  • Once your Earth+ application has been approved, supply Earth with your Qantas Frequent Flyer number and use your Earth+ card at least 5 times before 30 April 2008 and you'll receive 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points.^
If you're not a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, for a limited time we'll also give you a free membership - that's a saving of $82.50.
Earth. Go places on it.

Earth+ is a credit card that can help you discover more with a range of travel features, rewards and benefits.
  • Complimentary overseas travel insurance cover available for trips of up to 3 months for you, your spouse and certain dependent children when you purchase the return air tickets using your Earth+ card before departure in accordance with the policy.^^
  • Enjoy low fees on foreign currency transactions# and overseas cash advances.##
  • A low 5.99% pa interest rate on selected Qantas flights, accommodation and packages~ when you spend $500 or more on that product or service and call Earth on 1300 762 284 to notify Earth of the transaction. This lower rate does not apply on purchases until you call Earth.~~
Earn unlimited Qantas Frequent Flyer points.

You could earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on dollars you spend on purchases made with your Earth+ card.* You could also earn an extra point per $1 you spend on selected Qantas products and services using your Earth+ card.~
**Don't forget to enter special promotion code EAAA8 when you apply for an Earth+ card to be eligible to receive 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points if you meet the criteria.
Issued by Westpac Banking Corporation
Information current as at 1 February 2008. Applications are subject to Westpac’s normal lending criteria. Fees and charges are payable, including an annual card fee of $79. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request. These may be varied, or new terms and conditions introduced in the future.
*The earning of Qantas Frequent Flyer points through the use of the Earth+ card is subject to the Earth Conditions of Use. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points in accordance with the Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions. A joining fee usually applies but is waived for a limited time for Earth and Earth+ cardholders. For more information visit qantas.com/frequentflyer. Award seats are limited and may not be available on every flight. Qantas Frequent Flyer points are not earned on cash advances (see Earth Conditions of Use for what we regard as cash advances. This includes the purchase of gambling chips and travellers’ cheques and ATM cash withdrawals). You do not receive Qantas Frequent Flyer points on balance transfers.You are not entitled to Qantas Frequent Flyer points in other circumstances – see the Earth Conditions of Use.
^ 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points will take up to 12 weeks to be allocated if the above mentioned criteria are met."
^^The insurance cover extends to the primary and secondary cardholder, their spouse and certain dependent children travelling with either the primary or secondary cardholder. This insurance cover is issued by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640 to Westpac Banking Corporation under separate Master Policies. Zurich is liable for the separate risks insured under the terms of the policy. The benefits of the insurance from Zurich are extended to Westpac's cardholders as complimentary benefits provided free of charge to the cardholder. The cardholder is under no obligation to accept the benefits of the cover and the cover is subject to the conditions, limits and exclusions on cover, which are explained in the policy. No Westpac Group company has any liability in connection with the insurance policies. Policy wording may be obtained by calling 1300 762 284 or visiting www.earth.com.au and downloading the Earth+ Insurance Conditions of Use.
# You will be charged 1% on purchases made using your Earth+ MasterCard Card and 1.5% on purchases made using your Earth+ American Express Card.
##You will be charged 1% of the transaction value. However Earth+ MasterCard Cards are not charged the cash advance/withdrawal fees unless it is a cash advance at an overseas ATM that converts the transaction into $AUD in which case you will also be charged a fee of $2.50 or 2% of the transaction value, up to a maximum of $150.
~Selected Qantas products and services are currently Qantas flights booked directly with Qantas, Qantas Club and Qantas Frequent Flyer membership, purchases from Qantas Holidays, purchases from Qantas Travel customer shopfronts and purchases on ReadyRooms. Only available on Qantas passenger flights (with a QF number) and excludes Jetstar.
~~When you spend at least $500 on certain Qantas transactions (stipulated in footnote ~ ) you'll pay a fixed rate of 5.99%pa on those transactions. To activate this rate you must call Earth on 1300 762 284 and notify Earth after the transaction. From the date you notify Earth, the promotional rate will apply to that purchase and you will lose the benefit of any interest free days on that purchase. Before notifying Earth, the standard rate on purchases will apply to that purchase.
American Express® is a Registered Trademark of American Express Company. The MasterCard brand ® is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
© 2008 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141.

I signed up for this offer last time it was offered. Points were duly posted to my QFF account after I had made my first purchase.

I haven't actually used the Earth card to purchase "qantas services" as I also have an Altitude card and prefer to put the points there. This allows me to decide at the time whether to keep the points in Westpac or transfer then to Qantas when it suits me.

If I could remember to purchase my Qantas fligths on the Earth Amex that would also be helpful but I don't carry it with me...instead carrying the Altitude Amex.

Alby

...and it was fee-free (for the first year) last time too.

Febs said:
...and it was fee-free (for the first year) last time too.

Yes.....but it did not have the free QF Membership.

This seem to alternate this between offers...you either get free QF or free Earth for a year.

So this offer is handy for those who want to join QF......as effectively for about the same cost they get a 10,000 bonus.

For those who are already a QFF they should perhaps wait for the next offer.

lovetravellingoz said:
Yes.....but it did not have the free QF Membership.

Actually it did.

My father signed up and got 1) No annual fee for the first year, and 2) Free QFF membership.

Cheers,
- Febs.

Febs said:
Actually it did.

My father signed up and got 1) No annual fee for the first year, and 2) Free QFF membership.

Cheers,
- Febs.

It certainly did last time (not that the Free membership was worth much to me)

oz_mark said:
It certainly did last time (not that the Free membership was worth much to me)

we may have seen different "last times"....

I must not have seen the one you saw as I have been watching so that a colleaugue at work can join up.

They seem to have different offers....some seem to alternate and some seem to have both.

lovetravellingoz said:
we may have seen different "last times"....

I must not have seen the one you saw as I have been watching so that a colleaugue at work can join up.

They seem to have different offers....some seem to alternate and some seem to have both.

Granted it may have been a different last time. The offer I was thinking f was the one from August last year (http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/community/other-credit-card-rewards/earth-bonus-15-000-qantas-10603.htm), but there may have been another in between then and now.

My girlfriend applied for this promo in January, and got her free QF membership.

Also strangely, the summary letter states no annual fee for the first year, even when this is not mentioned in the promo.

It also states AmEx forex commission is 1.5%. When I called AmEx about my own AmEx, the operator told me all AmEx cards regardless of what flavour is 2.5%. So Earth+ AmEx has lower foreign exchange commission.

Does anyone know of an updated promo? My wife is looking at signing up and could do with the bonus points!

Cheers

It does not appear that applying for an Earth card at this time offers any bonus points unless you can get one of the older links to work.

The promotions come up from time to time, so you could wait and see if one comes up (no guarantees though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back