Woollies EDR CC & Commbank CC "funny business"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longers

Something "hinky" has cropped up with a recent EDR CC purchase last week, I've checked the details twice, please bear with me while I explain my situation ...

I currently use CBA for my banking, personal and business, and use a Commbank Platinum Amex/MC combo for some purchases, my Woolies EDR CC for other purchases. The Commbank CC's sweep into QFF (at 1.25/0.625 pts per $) as does the Woolies card - obviously.

Last week I presented $256 of goods to the counter at Big W. I wanted to use my Woolies EDR CC for the purchase so I handed my card to the cashier. She scanned the back of the card for the EDR pts, then I used the same card to complete the purchase, pin No etc, purchase goes through.

This week I check my CC and pts balances. The Woolies Everyday Rewards site reports 226 pts credited to QFF (as expected), I check the Woolies EDR CC site has not registered the transaction as yet - no problem there's usually a lag of a few days.

Imagine then my surprise when I check my Commbank web banking which shows a transaction of $256 from my Commbank MC from that same date !!!

Questions - how could a purchase completed with a Woolies QFF EDR CC appear on a statement on my Commbank CC account ? I certainly did not use that card for the transaction. I know I used my Woolies EDR CC for the purchase because 226 pts appeared in my EDR account a few days later.

I know it's not that important in terms of pts not awarded (256*0.625 = 160 pts vs 256) but WTH ???!!!

Commbank in wallet at all times, cashier handed Woolies CC back to me after scanning back of card, straight into card reader, chip and pin, purchase complete.

My Commbank CC does not have a chip

Commbank in wallet at all times, cashier handed Woolies CC back to me after scanning back of card, straight into card reader, chip and pin, purchase complete.

My Commbank CC does not have a chip

Honestly can't explain it but id be almost getting whatever Big W store it was to look at the CCTV footage.

I was paying with my Suncorp savings account card once at an iga but it automatically read the chip on my Westpac visa which was sitting in my purse in my handbag but apparently was close enough to scan. They said to me at the time they were thinking of disabling it because some people have unknowingly paid for other people's transactions because it picked up on other chips close by

I know I used my Woolies EDR CC for the purchase because 226 pts appeared in my EDR account a few days later.
This just means your Everyday Rewards card was scanned. It says nothing about which credit card was used. The BigW receipt may have enough information on it to identify which credit card was used for the transaction.

I was paying with my Suncorp savings account card once at an iga but it automatically read the chip on my Westpac visa which was sitting in my purse in my handbag but apparently was close enough to scan. They said to me at the time they were thinking of disabling it because some people have unknowingly paid for other people's transactions because it picked up on other chips close by

:O *10 chars*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back