Question - Which place is best for wine tours? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Question Which place is best for wine tours?

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
There are a few good spots. My personal favourite is the Barossa Valley near Adelaide. But I have also been pleasantly surprised by some of the wineries in the Canberra region.

tdimdad

Welcome to AFF, Matthewdoutt! What a better way to start here than provide some nice advice where you can. :cool: Enjoy the talk in the forum!

Rnwillia

Flights
My Map
What sort of wine do you like?
Depends on your personal like for a particular style of wine.
As someone from South Australia I would recommend McLaren Vale if you want to try the best Shiraz in Australia - try Hugo, Serafino, Kay Bros, K1 or Pertaringa, you will not be disappointed I guarantee.
If you want the best Riesling then you must go to Clare Valley - try Pikes, Stone Bridge, Jeanaret or Watervale.
This is not to say that Barossa, Adelaide Hills and Coonawarra are not worthy of a visit - they all have excellent wines and would not disappoint if you were to visit any of them.
Good luck.

Tygeray

South Australia if you have time, Barossa Valley, Mclaren Vale, Clare, Coonawarra, Riverland and many more. For a quick visit I love Yarra Glenn Vic heaps of wineries all in a days drive.

• Agree
Reactions: DC3

kookaburra75

Flights
My Map
Welcome @diamondlimo
But I have also been pleasantly surprised by some of the wineries in the Canberra region.
Humph.... @Mattg - you need to get out more :)
The Canberra Region has over 20 excellent wineries, and there are a couple of small wine tour companies that will take you around the area, usually taking in 4 or 5 wineries, lunch etc. Most are small operations covering cool climate favourites such as Rielsing, Pinot Noir, Merlot and some excellent sparklings. I can especially recommend Gallaghers Sparkling Shiraz

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lenscap