Question - Which place is best for wine tours? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Question Which place is best for wine tours?

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
There are a few good spots. My personal favourite is the Barossa Valley near Adelaide. But I have also been pleasantly surprised by some of the wineries in the Canberra region.

tdimdad

Welcome to AFF, Matthewdoutt! What a better way to start here than provide some nice advice where you can. :cool: Enjoy the talk in the forum!

Rnwillia

Flights
My Map
What sort of wine do you like?
Depends on your personal like for a particular style of wine.
As someone from South Australia I would recommend McLaren Vale if you want to try the best Shiraz in Australia - try Hugo, Serafino, Kay Bros, K1 or Pertaringa, you will not be disappointed I guarantee.
If you want the best Riesling then you must go to Clare Valley - try Pikes, Stone Bridge, Jeanaret or Watervale.
This is not to say that Barossa, Adelaide Hills and Coonawarra are not worthy of a visit - they all have excellent wines and would not disappoint if you were to visit any of them.
Good luck.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacklight72