Which is better of the Westpac Platinum Cards (other than Krisflyer ones)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreigner

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
After looking over products on Westpac's website, my first reaction is Altitude Platinum (amex card with either visa or mcard) is more rewarding. 3 points earned with amex and 1 point with the others. Plus 15000 points earned when card is first used.
One of the cards must be mcard. visa is not necessary.

I can feel a spreadsheet coming on....

The use of the "points earned" can be misleading. Consider where you want the points to end up. Look at the ultimate number of points in their final destination and the value that they have for you there.

For a time when I was using Altitude points I was happy to convert them to shopping vouchers which put a cash value on each point.

With the Altitude Amex rate of 3:$1 and if you converted that to Krisflyer points it would be the same earn rate as the KF card. Look at the conversion rate to your chosen FF program.

You can also run some dummy runs on the Altitude Redeeming area to find out the value of items in their store.

The value of any particular card depends on its inherent value to you.

Alby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back