Which CC for Domestic Travel insurance coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnip666

Hi all

I have Citibusiness Gold Visa and a WW Everyday Qantas Platinum cards.

My travel will now require regular (domestic) hire cars and, reading around the forums, neither of these cards would cover the $3000+ insurance excess....or much i the way of TI generally.

I have had no need or wish for more cards, as these two have covered all my needs until now. However the cost of twice weekly excess reduction fees will add up quickly.

I also bank with NAB, but cancelled my CC's once they capped points

What are my options? I have never been a fan of Amex, but as a backup and only used for hire cars it might be ok

Cheers

Just look at annual frequent traveller insurance, it won't be much and is likely to be tax deductible, well under $500 for a year. Make sure your covered for the single vehicle surcharge, that can take the costs of an accident up to $7000 pr more.

Westpac platinum and black cards cover up to $5,500 excess, with a $250 excess. From memory, $90 for no rewards plat card. $295 for Plat rewards card with capped points, or $395 for Black rewards card with no points cap.

ANZ cards also cover up to $5,000 excess, with $350 excess. Annual fees are similar to above.

We use our insurance broker to place the directors and managers travel insurance with Chubb and that cover is very comprehensive. It currently costs about $400 a person and I value it highly. Almost all of our flights are on point redemptions so the cost is the fuel and other surcharges on some of the tickets.
I have always thought that if you are using points for any travel then the bank sourced insurance would not apply especially if you travel using Qantas or Virgin Any Seat and the amount you pay is just some surcharges rather than for the whole ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back