Where to transfer Ascent points for an irregular traveller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B0RDEX

I have the Plat Edge and Explorer both linked to the Ascent program. Both cards are up for renewal in February so I'm intending to close the Plat Edge as I don't need both cards, much less to pay both fees - nothing to do with the changes to the points value, this has been my intention since the last renewal.

I have just over 200,000 Ascent points and I'm not sure where I should transfer them to before I go back to Gateway rewards. I travel overseas only once every 18 months - 2 years, usually to Canada. I have no real preference for airlines but Cathay and Emirates are my usual go-to's, I've never used points to book or upgrade a flight before!

Is Asia Miles going to be my best option?

Both SQ and KF are good international opltions but both with hard expiries. I'd currently favour SQ as availability better

VF is an OK option during a transfer promo but I dont think we can rely on one before devaulation

EY is a niche redemption product for some VA flights eg SYD-CNS MEL-HTI. Also partners with ANA which might work for Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back