What Should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nnis

Established Member
Hi All,

I am about to move my Westpac homeloan account over to CBA due to the better rates.

Now I have over 200000 altitude points with the black card. Once I move over does Westpac give me some time to transfer or use those points? Or I may just transfer it now before I make the switch.

If I was to transfer now, should I transfer to velocity and then have the flexibility to transfer to SQ later down the track? Or just transfer straight to Krisflyer now?

For international I mainly fly SQ.

Thanks,
K.

You should transfer the points before cancelling the Westpac account.

You'll get 1 VA/SQ/CX point for every 2 points transferred, so you're basically looking at 100,000 SQ or VA points. If you mainly fly SQ, then that would be the logical place to send the points. But do keep in mind that SQ miles expire after 3 years.

I would only transfer to VA if you don't think you'll be flying SQ anytime in the next 3 years.

Also, don't discount Asia Miles as a program (which is another transfer partner). I recently discovered that you can fly from SYD to either SCL, JNB, LAX, DXB, YVR or SFO on Qantas in Premium Economy for 72,000 CX miles return. That's a pretty good deal - Qantas charges 72,000 points *one-way* for premium economy on some of those routes.

Ok thanks. Anything worth buying in the altitude store?

also my aim is to get 3 J seats. I know sq you can do it. Is qf virtually impossible? Note no status on any airline.

how long does it take for cx miles take to expire?

Ok thanks. Anything worth buying in the altitude store?

also my aim is to get 3 J seats. I know sq you can do it. Is qf virtually impossible? Note no status on any airline.

how long does it take for cx miles take to expire?

There is NOTHING worth buying on the Altitude store. ;)

If you're happy flying economy, 3 seats on QF is not too difficult. But in J, as you say, it's virtually impossible on long-haul routes. For domestic flights it can be done, but could be difficult.

CX is possible, but of course it could still be difficult. CX miles expire after 3 years as well.

My advice is to transfer to KrisFlyer.

Ok thanks. I need to think to put it in sq or va... Not 100% sure if I will be travelling or not....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back