What constitutes a international purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting the Select card and note that it offers 4 points per dollar spent on overseas purchases. What constitutes an overseas purchase? Does it just need to be a purchase made in a foreign currency? What would happen if I saw booked a hotel in USD instead of AUD? Does that make it an international purchase?

Any advice appreciated!
Cheers,

I'm looking at getting the Select card and note that it offers 4 points per dollar spent on overseas purchases. What constitutes an overseas purchase? Does it just need to be a purchase made in a foreign currency? What would happen if I saw booked a hotel in USD instead of AUD? Does that make it an international purchase?

It means the merchant is registered as being in a country other then Australia.

Well kaelo you actually do not get great visibility of points earn like you do with American Express and some others.
Select in the non Qantas points card runs 5 Citi reward points that I convert to Kris points at 0.666 rate but they have the opportunity to charge you 3.3% in a transaction fee (if they remember). So basically you should get 3.33 points net for 3.3 cents cost.
If you go Australian Expedia for a hotel it works out pretty well so I don't always use Select for booking hotels.
It is probably based on foreign currency but try 3 calls to Citi and you could get 3 answers.
I have stopped calling and I am a very happy camper using Select and Kris.

Well kaelo you actually do not get great visibility of points earn like you do with American Express and some others.
Correct cove but might I add that my Citigold RO has advised this facility will be available later this year - long overdue too.

That would be a really good advance for Citi as sometimes I have wondered if they used a dartboard. It is hard to reconcile but it is never miles out when I have checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back