What class for VA domestic free flight under Platinum Edge card

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajop

Enthusiast
Does anyone remember what fare classes the free flight granted under Platinum Edge card corresponds to?

The T&C state "All flights are restricted to selected classes within the Saver Fare family and are subject to availability"

Of course now in la-la land, oops I mean VA land, there are no Saver Fares any more - I assume it now maps to the getaway fare?

I just called to check this, and for Velocity Platinum cardholders, previously able to book a fare in "saver fare classes", I was told I was able to book fares in what goes by Elevate fare class now.

Just bumping this up. About to pull some trigger on some AMEX free flights. Wondering if just because you can book Elevate whether that means the fareswill be Elevate? Basically just wondering if the AMEX flights will be eligible for Fly Forward?? Anyone know?

For the Plat Edge it's T, Q or V classes. For the Velocity Platinum it's Q, V or E classes.

For the Plat Edge it's T, Q or V classes. For the Velocity Platinum it's Q, V or E classes.
I just spoke to a (new) lady at Amex and she said that it can only be Q class for Velocity Plat....I queried it and she said that's what it is and that you need a spend on the card after the anniversary date to activate the free flight....is she correct about the fare class? Last time I spoke to them it was Q,V or E.

I just spoke to a (new) lady at Amex and she said that it can only be Q class for Velocity Plat....I queried it and she said that's what it is and that you need a spend on the card after the anniversary date to activate the free flight....is she correct about the fare class? Last time I spoke to them it was Q,V or E.

It's Q, V or E when it's more than 30 days before departure. After that it's Q only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back