Westpac Extras "cashback"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzEire

Established Member
I see there is already a thread for "Cashback" but I think it refers to something different (converting altitude points to account credits).

Email received today refers to a spending offer similar to those regularly offered by Amex. Mine is to spend $240 at Cellarmasters by the closing date (>5 weeks away) for a $100 "cashback". As far as I can see there is no registration required, I guess they will just detect spending at Cellarmasters and go from there. The email does say:

As a way to say thank you for choosing us, we have these Westpac Extras cashback benefits especially selected for you.

These cashback benefits are on top of any in-store sales, discounts, loyalty benefits and credit card reward points you may receive.

Cashback benefits are personal to you and are not transferable. To be eligible for the cashback, the qualifying transaction must be made by you or your additional cardholder on a card that is connected to your Westpac credit card account.

TnCs:

Eligible Westpac credit cards include most Westpac branded consumer credit cards and the Altitude Business credit card. Singapore Airlines branded credit cards, Westpac BusinessChoice credit cards, Westpac Commercial credit cards and Westpac Consumer or Business Debit Cards are not eligible.

Offers are non-transferrable and can only be accepted by either the cardholder who has been sent this offer directly by Westpac (the Primary Cardholder) or by an additional cardholder using a card linked to the Primary Cardholder's account. Cashbacks are not transferrable to the additional cardholder's other Westpac credit card(s).

Perhaps they think I need more wine (recent spending on Liquorland, Dan Murphy, BWS, Vintage Cellars and First Choice may indicate otherwise ! Hey, it was Christmas and there were Amex offers !

They've been around for a while; I had a vinomofo one at some point. Currently have a few offers but nothing that interests me.

They've been around for a while; I had a vinomofo one at some point. Currently have a few offers but nothing that interests me.

Thanks, I hadn't seen one until now.

Would be interesting to get an offer on both Amex and Westpac for the same retailer (Amex just had a Vinomofo offer) - use the Black Amex for 3 PPD plus two cashbacks - score !

I got a cellarmaster offer $240 get $100 back....but the this is a concern"
Spend $240 or more on your credit card in 1 transaction online at cellarmasters.com.au or phone 1800 500 260 to get $100 cashback on your card.1 cashback per customer. Offer cannot be refunded, exchanged, transferred & redeemed for cash or "gift card."???????
Cannot use outside of online shop either grrrrrrr!

I got a cellarmaster offer $240 get $100 back....but the this is a concern"
Spend $240 or more on your credit card in 1 transaction online at cellarmasters.com.au or phone 1800 500 260 to get $100 cashback on your card.1 cashback per customer. Offer cannot be refunded, exchanged, transferred & redeemed for cash or "gift card."???????
Cannot use outside of online shop either grrrrrrr!

Click through cashrewards/Pricepal to save more, and click and collect from your local CM to save freight

Didn't relise this thread existed
I'm going to use mine on a 6 pack of veuve
I have a $25 dollar voucher which I'll use and cashback and the $100 back makes for decent priced champers

I've never received a single offer, despite spending... an inordinate amount. Is there something you have to opt into?

Mine appeared on the beginning of the next statement cycle. It was listed as a "Westpac Credit Reward" and listed the firm purchased through.

So email says:[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
Spend $50 or more on your credit card in 1 transaction on fuel or in-store at only Caltex Star Mart to get $5 cashback on your card. 1 cashback per customer.
Offer cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash or credit.

Anyone purchased a "GIftcard" and got cash back or is that credit?

so is there a current offer for caltex ? is it targeted or for all Eligible Westpac credit cards ? haven't tried to buy gift card but got cash back on other purchases in the past. i think gift cards should work westpac cant tell what you brought.

Any recent datapoints on how long the cashback takes to post? And whether it reliably does so or requires follow-up with Westpac?

^That's what I want to know?
Also can you use a BWS CARD in Woolie's?
BWS girl said yes?

^That's what I want to know?
Also can you use a BWS CARD in Woolie's?
BWS girl said yes?
it worked GOT my $10 credit . Also was able to use Bws gc at wookies towards a eftpos Gc. The 16th is the last day. I have other wbc cards i so i plan to use them tommorrow. Does anybody know if its one cash back per different card account or is it 1 only per person?

What EFTPOS card?
I was told BWS could be used to buy groceries in store?
Back tomorrow to get one ;)

it took 7 - 10 days to get my credit
I eventually got mine, too. I waited two weeks from transaction date before tweeting them, then they confirmed it was coming a couple of days later, then it finally showed up in my account about three days after that. All of this was before my next statement was issued.

However, I have no way of knowing whether this would have eventually just worked if I hadn't followed-up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back