Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Visa 100k bonus, $3k spend in 90 days, exp 28 Nov 2018

Kangol

Established Member
This is a business account FYI. You must be a member of the Qantas Business Rewards program.

BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum - Business credit card | Westpac

$150 annual fee per card
Earn 0.75 Qantas Point for every $1.50 you spend on eligible business purchases. Earn 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1.50 you spend on government payments.
No monthly cap on earn or reduction in earn rate.

* Bonus points promotion Altitude Business Gold, Altitude Business Platinum and BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum: The respective bonus points promotions are available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Business Gold, Altitude Business Platinum or BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum credit card between 29th August 2018 and 28th November 2018, and spend the minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions.

Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY, BPAY equivalent transaction, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus Altitude Points or Qantas Business Rewards Points will be added to your points balance within 90 days after you meet the eligible spend criteria. This offer does not apply for additional cardholders being added to an existing Altitude Business Gold, Altitude Business Platinum or BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum card facility. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards and customers who have held another Altitude Business, Altitude Business Gold, Altitude Business Platinum or BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum credit card account within the last 12 months are ineligible for this offer. Qantas Business Rewards Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Qantas Business Rewards Points balance on a monthly basis.

Rewards T&C here:
https://www.westpac.com.au/content/...essChoiceRewardsPlatinum-Card-QantasBusTC.pdf

Thanks for the heads up.

So, this is basically a card with 0.5 point earn per dollar. Earning points for all expenses (bar BPay) is a big plus, but earning 0.5 point per dollar, and I presume transfer rate of less than 1:1 to frequent flyer programs, makes it a last resort option (maybe).

I can't edit the title, should be "Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Visa 100k QBR bonus, $3k spend in 90 days, exp 28 Nov 2018" (change in underline - please do so mods), but it only earns Qantas Business Rewards points which are then transferred to QFF. You cannot transfer them to any other program.

It's 0.5 points earned per dollar except for 0.33 points per dollar for government (including ATO) payments. For $150, it's a good deal - even with the reduced earn on $3k - compared to other cards.

Thnaks for the link.

I don't have a active busienss anymore but I set up a Qantas busienss account about 2 yrs ago
And still have the abn

I might see if I'm still eligible

Thanks. Applied. There’s a variant for $0 with 80k points as well.

First time with a biz app so interested to see how it is compared to a personal account

Just looked, that is for the Altitude Business Platinum which earns Altitude points and not Qantas Business Rewards points. Different currency and transfer partners FWIW.

First time with a biz app so interested to see how it is compared to a personal account
Would be interested in feedback on this too as to what they actually ask for in regards to the business as opposed to the individual. I have an ABN as I have a company structure I worked through previously, currently inactive. So I guess the question is whthere they ask for company bank statements/tax returns etc. in the application process.

Would be interested in feedback on this too as to what they actually ask for in regards to the business as opposed to the individual. I have an ABN as I have a company structure I worked through previously, currently inactive. So I guess the question is whthere they ask for company bank statements/tax returns etc. in the application process.

They ask for a lot of info on the form itself. Two years worth of financials and balance sheet questions for the business. I haven’t had to send any documentation yet. Approved today but need to do something with ID or company documentation at the local branch.

Curious about whether it results in a credit check for me personally given it sounded like there was joint personal and business liability for the card facility

Last edited:
This offer ends next week. Good value for those looking for a parallel stream of points - business, not personal.

This was extended until 28 Feb 2019 and also includes:

All new BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum credit cards applied for on or after 1 March 2019 will be Mastercard branded. You should consider the changes to BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum in your decision to apply.

My bonus posted within 2 months, only got charged half the fee.

... but it only earns Qantas Business Rewards points which are then transferred to QFF. You cannot transfer them to any other program.

But the good thing is that you can send to any QFF account.

This was the worse application I've ever had for any credit card, and in the end only a $2000 limit, same card fee per extra card, although it was a few years ago now.

This was the worse application I've ever had for any credit card, and in the end only a $2000 limit, same card fee per extra card, although it was a few years ago now.
Worst application? do you mean in terms of what they asked? Or how difficult it is? or your low credit limit, which I've been told is a good thing if you're churning.

So far I haven't seen any requirement asking for a minimum income - which is good. My income is 3K less than the required 75K for some other business cards, which stinks. Makes me wish I'd gone out and sold a few lolly bags to make up the other couple of grand. ;) I only want one for 2 grand limit, that would be perfect. Use it then lose it.

Would really be interested in anyone else who has applied, and what your experience was.
As I have only a 'just under' 70K income, does anyone know of any other business cards which would suit?

Worst application? do you mean in terms of what they asked? Or how difficult it is? or your low credit limit, which I've been told is a good thing if you're churning.
To be fair, it was 2 years ago.

I'm sure procedures have all changed since then, and what I had issues with are no longer a concern, especially closing the card, which took me a multiple branch visits, more phone calls, and over a month

I have to say, it's the most convoluted, complicated, difficult form I've ever had to fill out for a card or bank account. Agree re sole traders.
Virtually impossible to answer their financial questions in regards to (very) small business. ended up Googling half their ridiculous terms, when 'hovering' over the 'information' buttons yeilded clearly inaccurate definitions.
(eg - net profit is NOT turnover.....even I know that.)
Furthermore, the westpac website has a known glitch, where the form gets stuck on the very last page'where do you want to pickup your card?' Pickup????? really???? And I'd just done 10587 hours of figuring out how to answer all the dumb questions and the page locks up. Westpac help say 'go down to a branch and let them do the application, we know about the glitch but haven't fixed it yet.'.
This 90K points, or whatever it is, better be worth it.😐

Anyone got their bonus yet.
I purchased end of july. And no bonus yet.

I paid heaps of bills using paypal so that should be classified as the correct spend

any experts on this credit card here?

I just checked my statement, I didnt realise that to qualify for the 100k spend in the T/Cs it says governement spend not included,
I did half purhcases on council bills, and half on council bills via paypal, I hadnt received any thing since end of july spend

I spoke to Westpac and they said my account wasnt linked, but you are eligibel for the 100k points and will be transferred on Dec 2nd, and it will be fine,

yet on my westpac statement, virtually all the transactions say "GOVERNMENT SERVICES NOT ELSE"

whatever that means

so I dont want to rock the boat, until I get the bonus points :)

any experts on this credit card here?

I just checked my statement, I didnt realise that to qualify for the 100k spend in the T/Cs it says governement spend not included,
I did half purhcases on council bills, and half on council bills via paypal, I hadnt received any thing since end of july spend

I spoke to Westpac and they said my account wasnt linked, but you are eligibel for the 100k points and will be transferred on Dec 2nd, and it will be fine,

yet on my westpac statement, virtually all the transactions say "GOVERNMENT SERVICES NOT ELSE"

whatever that means

so I dont want to rock the boat, until I get the bonus points :)
What did the terms from when you applied say?
Currently (from 29 August 2019) it says this:

1. Bonus points promotion BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard: The respective bonus points promotions are available when you apply and are approved for a new BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard credit card between 29th August 2019 and 27th November 2019, and spend the minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions.

Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY, BPAY equivalent transactions, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus Qantas Business Rewards Points will be added to your points balance within 90 days after you meet the eligible spend criteria. This offer does not apply for additional cardholders being added to an existing BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum card facility or BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard card facility. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards and customers who have held another BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum or BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard credit card account within the last 12 months are ineligible for this offer. Qantas Business Rewards Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Qantas Business Rewards Points balance on a monthly basis.

An old statement from when it was Visa branded, has everything including government spend as "purchases".
Only the card fee is under "interest, fees and government charges".
It might have changed since March 2019.

Not sure what you mean about "since end of July spend" - did you start earning points then stop? Or was the account not linked and now it is?
Or have you not earned any points at all since opening the account?

What did the terms from when you applied say?
Currently (from 29 August 2019) it says this:

1. Bonus points promotion BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard: The respective bonus points promotions are available when you apply and are approved for a new BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard credit card between 29th August 2019 and 27th November 2019, and spend the minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions.

Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY, BPAY equivalent transactions, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus Qantas Business Rewards Points will be added to your points balance within 90 days after you meet the eligible spend criteria. This offer does not apply for additional cardholders being added to an existing BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum card facility or BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard card facility. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards and customers who have held another BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum or BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard credit card account within the last 12 months are ineligible for this offer. Qantas Business Rewards Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Qantas Business Rewards Points balance on a monthly basis.

An old statement from when it was Visa branded, has everything including government spend as "purchases".
Only the card fee is under "interest, fees and government charges".
It might have changed since March 2019.

Not sure what you mean about "since end of July spend" - did you start earning points then stop? Or was the account not linked and now it is?
Or have you not earned any points at all since opening the account?
sorry should have been a bit clearer, applied june or july, spent $3000 in a day, and then havent used it as the earn rate is poor, so my business account is still balance zero points, I called up today and they said yes you are eligible for 101,xx_ points, and that my account hadnt been linked, so they asked would you like to be linked to personal or business, I asked wouldnt it have to be business, as its a business card, apparently not

I was looking at this link, effective 1 mar 2019

5.When don’t you earn Qantas Points?
5.1Qantas Points are not earned in respect of the following amounts that may be charged to a card account issued under your Facility:
(a)Government charges (other than GST payable in connection with the purchase of goods or services on which you earn Qantas Points)

so didnt want to ask the staff "umm, I thought minium spend couldnt be governement charges", in case they say, oh yes, thats true, bonus points denied!

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back