Westpac Black Altitude Qantas Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladiclav

I have just recently signed up to the Westpac Black Altitude card (Visa and partnering AMEX) and have met the minimum spending requirement of $5000 in 3 months just the other day. Does anyone know how long until the 100000 bonus QFF points will appear in my account? Terms and conditions say it could take up to 12 weeks, although I need these points asap to be able to book an award flight. If not is there anyone to call directly who may expedite this process as Westpac and Qantas have no answers stating that it's all an automated process.
Your help is greatly appreciated

Regards,
Steffano

Hello Steffano,
My 100,000 points appeared on my third statement (as I had met the required spend of $5000). I pay my card off as soon as the statement is issued and the points appeared in my QFF account straight away.

is there anyone to call directly who may expedite this process as Westpac and Qantas have no answers stating that it's all an automated process.

Banks will issue points when they wish to (and unlike Amex it is normally at the full period mentioned in the the terms (see the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of your offer). Contacting them to ask for them "ëarly"would be a fruitless exercise.

I have an Amex Earth Black (now replaced by Black Altitude Qantas for new applicants) which earnt a bonus 1 Qf pt per $ (in addition to the standard 1.5 QF pts per $)...so essentially if you bought a Qf ticket, you got 2.5 QF pts per $ spent....this bonus points is being stopped after 30th April 17 according to my latest card statement :(. It was quite a nice Qf point earner for me as I would purchase Qf J flights up to 10K regularly and get it reimbursed by work.
[h=2][/h]

KPC: My reading of the statement message is that the 'bonus points' network is being axed (where you could earn bonus Altitude points at Caltex etc), but that the Qantas bonus points are being retained as they're still specified in the new T&Cs.

Can anyone elaborate on the Uber deal that comes with this card?
I believe when you have the Westpac Black card and link it to your Uber account you receive a $20 credit for every second Uber ride you take.

However I cannot find these details on the Westpac site anywhere anymore. Does anyone remember reading this?

Westpac Uber offer
Ive found this $25 on your 'first' Uber ride for your account.
My reading is apart from opening a new Uber account, there's no other restrictions on this one.

Yeh I've found that one as well. But I swear there was something else which was until September or October of this year where every second ride you got $20 off. Will have to call them when my card arrives.

A bit of a rant, but...... I hate the cough Hats at Westpac. We signed up for this promo, and our first month bill was over $5000, and after we called about the points and how long would it take to post. After a lengthy hold, they said it could take up to 3 months. We waited a month, called again, just to be a pain, and were told again, it takes up to 3 months and be patient.

After 3 months we called, and were told immediately we didn't meet the minimum spend, as the total of the first month included the annual fee. I fully admit, it was our bad, we weren't paying attention to the total spend, BUT the other 2 or 3 people we spoke to couldn't have hinted that we hadn't met the spend when they were looking at the account, but instead just said to wait for the 3 months.

Typical underhanded cough from WP. We have about 2 mil in various home and investment loans, and keep them with CBA. Not because we get good points from them for their "diamond" credit card or anything else, but our lender always looks out for us and makes sure she reverses any little fee ever applied to an account, credit card, etc. before we even notice it. Stupidly, I didn't customise our portable contents cover on our CBA home insurance, and when I took my iPhone swimming, and CommInsure denied he claim for it not being listed, she deposited $1000 in our account to cover the phone. Don't even ask! The last card I had with them, that had a credit upon cancelling, they wanted to charge ME to transfer the money to me!

Point is, I wouldn't give WP one cent, ever again.

Does anyone know how long until the 100000 bonus QFF points will appear in my account? Terms and conditions say it could take up to 12 weeks, although I need these points asap to be able to book an award flight. If not is there anyone to call directly who may expedite this process as Westpac and Qantas have no answers stating that it's all an automated process

A bit of a rant, but...... I hate the cough Hats at Westpac. We signed up for this promo, and our first month bill was over $5000, and after we called about the points and how long would it take to post. After a lengthy hold, they said it could take up to 3 months. We waited a month, called again, just to be a pain, and were told again, it takes up to 3 months and be patient.

After 3 months we called, and were told immediately we didn't meet the minimum spend, as the total of the first month included the annual fee. I fully admit, it was our bad, we weren't paying attention to the total spend, BUT the other 2 or 3 people we spoke to couldn't have hinted that we hadn't met the spend when they were looking at the account, but instead just said to wait for the 3 months.

Typical underhanded cough from WP. We have about 2 mil in various home and investment loans, and keep them with CBA. Not because we get good points from them for their "diamond" credit card or anything else, but our lender always looks out for us and makes sure she reverses any little fee ever applied to an account, credit card, etc. before we even notice it. Stupidly, I didn't customise our portable contents cover on our CBA home insurance, and when I took my iPhone swimming, and CommInsure denied he claim for it not being listed, she deposited $1000 in our account to cover the phone. Don't even ask! The last card I had with them, that had a credit upon cancelling, they wanted to charge ME to transfer the money to me!

Point is, I wouldn't give WP one cent, ever again.

How is applying the Terms and Conditions "Underhanded cough".

Im sure if the shoe was on the other foot.....

Thanks! Seems it might not apply to the Westpac Black cards by the images on the site. Will have to give them a call.

Don't bother. It only applies if you apply for the card via that particular page. If you didn't apply for the Altitude card via that page, you aren't eligible. Like normal it's a big screw you to existing customers.

Well, like I said we called 3 times to check on the points. And each time they simply said we had to wait the 3 months for the points to process, not "our records show you haven't met the minimum spend due to the annual fee not meeting the terms".

Like I also said, I fully admit it was our bad......

If the shoe was on the other foot, I would have said, "hey Nutcase, you actually need to do X to meet the terms", not "hey Nutcase, just be patient, you'll get your points", and then "sorry Nutcase, no points for you".

But thanks for your comment.

How is applying the Terms and Conditions "Underhanded cough".

Im sure if the shoe was on the other foot.....

Don't bother. It only applies if you apply for the card via that particular page. If you didn't apply for the Altitude card via that page, you aren't eligible. Like normal it's a big screw you to existing customers.

No, its a new customer acquisition strategy.

Well, like I said we called 3 times to check on the points. And each time they simply said we had to wait the 3 months for the points to process, not "our records show you haven't met the minimum spend due to the annual fee not meeting the terms".

Like I also said, I fully admit it was our bad......

If the shoe was on the other foot, I would have said, "hey Nutcase, you actually need to do X to meet the terms", not "hey Nutcase, just be patient, you'll get your points", and then "sorry Nutcase, no points for you".

But thanks for your comment.

All thats happened is that you haven't met the T's and C's (the inclusion of the annual fee) and the people that you spoke to didn't know that this was the case.

Its a bit of bad luck really

Im afraid that tilting at windmills with WBC wont credit the points :(

OK, we get it. You like telling people how they are wrong and pointing out your VAST knowledge. I said thanks.

All thats happened is that you haven't met the T's and C's (the inclusion of the annual fee) and the people that you spoke to didn't know that this was the case.

Its a bit of bad luck really

Im afraid that tilting at windmills with WBC wont credit the points :(

My card just came and doesn't say anything about the 100k points I haven't activated yet so is it best to check with them ? Or should it say on the cards

There is also this offer for a fee free first year and 50k Qantas points after $2.5k spend. The T&Cs do say you don't get the points if you already have a Black or Platinum, or have had one in the past 12 months. I'm only in it for the World MasterCard benefits. Note, though, the below link doesn't seem to indicate it's a World card. However, my approved application says "Altitude Black World MasterCard".

https://www.westpac.com.au/personal-banking/credit-cards/reward/altitude-black/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back