Westpac Altitude Platinum Card now with 40K QFF or Altitude Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottz95

Hey all,

In case anyone needs to catch a top up on their QFF balances or maybe their Altitude points (I wouldn't because you only get half the value) but Westpac has started advertising their Altitude Platinum card with 40K free points. Only catch on it is that you can't have had a Westpac/St George/Rams/etc. card in the last 12 months.

Key Details and Features attached below:
  • Earn 40,000 bonus Qantas or Altitude Points with a new Altitude Platinumcard when you spend $1,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval. Offer ends 29 February 2016.
  • 0.00% Balance Transfer Rate for 14 months
  • $0 Annual fee for the first year for existing Westpac Customers
  • Earn rate for Qantas - 1pt on AMEX; 0.5pts on Visa or Altitude - 2pt on AMEX; 1pt on Visa.

Check it out here on their website: http://www.westpac.com.au/personal-banking/credit-cards/reward/altitude-platinum/

Last edited:
Thanks, I don't currently have any accounts with Westpac but can still log in online do you think that I would still be classified as a customer to get the $0 annual fee?

Thanks, I don't currently have any accounts with Westpac but can still log in online do you think that I would still be classified as a customer to get the $0 annual fee?

If the T&Cs are no cards in the last 12 months then being a a customer doesn't come into play. You could have had a deposit account but no cards, but that's not the condition which is all about cards.

If the T&Cs are no cards in the last 12 months then being a a customer doesn't come into play. You could have had a deposit account but no cards, but that's not the condition which is all about cards.
I called them today on that as I have a transaction account with Westpac with the linked debit MasterCard. They dont consider that a problem. They consider a card to be another credit card with them e.g. an Altitude or Earth card but a debit/keycard doesnt rule you out.

Interesting. 40k points for free. Might be worth the credit check... How are Westpac with bonus point crediting?

Was just looking at this. Very tempting, almost worth going in and making an account just to get this.

Then I read this : "For each statement cycle a points cap of 3,750 Qantas Points applies when using either or both cards. Bonus points do not count towards the points cap." Bummer!

Was just looking at this. Very tempting, almost worth going in and making an account just to get this.

Then I read this : "For each statement cycle a points cap of 3,750 Qantas Points applies when using either or both cards. Bonus points do not count towards the points cap." Bummer!

I doubt many here would use it for the ongoing spend.

I might sign up to this one. Was on the phone to Westpac today and they were trying to give me this for free but didn't offer me the 40k. 20k KF miles should be okay.

Should I shoot myself already, initially I applied for an Altitude Platinum Credit Card with Westpac, gets approved with a large limit. So, I decided I'd go back and re-apply for the Altitude Qantas Black Credit Card which was approved by Westpac also with the minimum limit of $15k.

If I had of seen this one instead I would of applied for it to gain the extra points, I am not going to try and have it all converted and moved across, it would not work anyways - so I feel like shooting myself in the foot for not reading the special offers Westpac had available, simply just chose what I wanted based on my spending and what would work best for me, I may just merge the Platinum with the Black and make it one card with a $30k limit and leave it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back