Westpac Altitude Platinum Card - 60k Qantas, $50 fee first year

Status
Not open for further replies.

lang_13

Hi

Was looking to top up Qantas points and came across this deal for the stand-alone Westpac Platinum Visa.
Spend $3,000 within 90 days of approval to receive 60,000 bonus points. No annual fee first year (normally $195), although there is a $50 Qantas 'rewards fee'. Earn rate is pretty bad at 0.5QF points per $, but looks like a decent bonus for minimal fee.

I applied, submitted payslips and got text confirming approval within a few hours. They did have an option to login to your bank and they would trawl through your transactions to verify your income - which I had never seen before - and not inclined to use! Is this a new thing??

Altitude Platinum Rewards Credit Card | Westpac

They did have an option to login to your bank and they would trawl through your transactions to verify your income - which I had never seen before - and not inclined to use! Is this a new thing??
Been going for many months.

I never allow them to take this option.

They did have an option to login to your bank and they would trawl through your transactions to verify your income - which I had never seen before - and not inclined to use! Is this a new thing??

That sounds very scary!

New offer is first year free, and then $150 in subsequent years.

I applied for this on Monday, still can’t work out if I’ll need to pay the $50 Qantas rewards fee, or whether that is included in ‘first year free’. Either way, good value- smooth process and fast approval!

I applied for this on Monday, still can’t work out if I’ll need to pay the $50 Qantas rewards fee, or whether that is included in ‘first year free’. Either way, good value- smooth process and fast approval!

Yep, $50 qantas rewards fee, opting into Qantas instead of Altitude.

I've just opened and closed mine.. unbelievably easy. Opened, minimum spend, points received and closed all pretty much within 30 days. No annual fee was charged for me. I'm sure it said $50 fee for the Qantas points but nothing showed up.

Applied for this card this evening and got this message:

We cannot make an immediate decision based on the information provided. Since your application is important to us we will review it personally. We should have a decision for you within 2-3 working days.

Was the approval rate from this?

Can I get 60k bonus points even if I opt in to earn Altitude points for my regular spend? Seeing at the terms and conditions, it appears to be possible.

On average, how long has it taken people to receive the 60k bonus points?

I've just hit the spend requirement. Westpac's site says up 12 weeks - but am curious to see if anyone's received it earlier than this.

My exclusion period ended a couple of days ago, but I keep getting....

We are sorry
We seem to be experiencing problems. Please try later again
The credit card application form is currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

:(

Easy application process, applied and got provisional approval straight away and approval was confirmed next day after answering one question.

Easy application process, applied and got provisional approval straight away and approval was confirmed next day after answering one question.

After my previous post a few weeks ago, I got approved and had the card within 3-4 days. Nearly at the minimum spend already and considering taking up the Amex invite they sent me for another bonus sign up.

Latest version of this card is 60K points on a $3K spend for $100 annual fee in first year. Super easy process for me, I hit the min spend within first week of having the card and was impressed when the bonus points came with first statement this weekend.

Do Westpac still make you go into the branch to pick up your card if you’re not a current customer?

They made me 12 months ago and I’m ready to go again on this one (if convenient to me and no branch visit required)!

Do Westpac still make you go into the branch to pick up your card if you’re not a current customer?

They made me 12 months ago and I’m ready to go again on this one (if convenient to me and no branch visit required)!
Not for me in the last 3 months. But this may vary in different areas.

Latest version of this card is 60K points on a $3K spend for $100 annual fee in first year. Super easy process for me, I hit the min spend within first week of having the card and was impressed when the bonus points came with first statement this weekend.

Yeah I've noticed the big three (as CBA never offers anything) generally don't make you wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back