Westpac Altitude Plat 60k points and fee free year 1 for existing WBC customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
Thanks for the heads up, I applied for this last night, and got an instant conditional approval, followed by full approval within 18 hours. Awesome, looking forward to 60k points with $0 outlay.

travla

Any one as plat card holder apply and get this card as well?

So you have to apply on the phone for it to be free, or have an existing westpac account?

I logged in and applied (accounts are long closed but I remembered the username + password). Hopefully this will still qualify me..

I logged in and applied (accounts are long closed but I remembered the username + password). Hopefully this will still qualify me..

If it allowed you to do it then you must be regarded as an existing customer (regardless of the fact your accounts are no longer active). In my view you should be Ok, you did after all use the Existing customer link so it hard to say you aren't an existing customer if the system they setup regards you as one.

"Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packages cards are ineligible."

This bit confuses me...as I'm existing have the PLAT card for Free due to previous home loan package but no longer have or pay any fees.
So would this be seen as a "switch" or "upgrade" or having a package card at the same time?
Should I apply as they have more info on me than NAB?
If I get knocked back it could stuff up NAB application.....20K point dilemma?

If it allowed you to do it then you must be regarded as an existing customer (regardless of the fact your accounts are no longer active). In my view you should be Ok, you did after all use the Existing customer link so it hard to say you aren't an existing customer if the system they setup regards you as one.

The banking gods are against me - walked down to my local WBC branch so I could "open a new transaction account" - only to discover the branch is closed for renovations until Tuesday. Karma maybe?!

Already signed up to a black card instore last month. Possible to get another one online for multiple bonuses?

Already signed up to a black card instore last month. Possible to get another one online for multiple bonuses?

I can't see why not.

I applied for both the 20k and 40k NAB bonus point promotions simultaneously and received BOTH bonuses and on top of that NAB sent me a $250 Bank Cheque as a gesture of goodwill for a short delay in the posting of the 20k bonus points to my QFF account.:):):)

I will be doing the same, I can't see why it won't work.

I currently hold the Altitude Black and shortly I'll be applying for the Altitude Platinum.

What I mean is apply for a second altitude black card for double 60k points!

As mentioned in another thread, this card is also available free for non Westpac customers if apply in the branch (or with variable success over the phone).

What I mean is apply for a second altitude black card for double 60k points!

With NAB, my wife and I both applied for second cards and both of us received the double bonus points.

I can't see a problem with receiving both bonuses this time round too, but make sure you apply by 19 April.

Offer end date a bit confusing though, they mention two offer end dates on the website.

" Offer ends 19 April 2015."

AND

apply between "1 April 2015 and 30 June 2015".

Stay on the safe side and apply by 19 April!

"Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packages cards are ineligible."

This bit confuses me...as I'm existing have the PLAT card for Free due to previous home loan package but no longer have or pay any fees.
So would this be seen as a "switch" or "upgrade" or having a package card at the same time?
Should I apply as they have more info on me than NAB?
If I get knocked back it could stuff up NAB application.....20K point dilemma?

A "switch" is a change of card, not an application for an additional card! Of course having got your new card and the bonus points it's possible you may make a new and separate decision (the separate part is important) to close the old account but don't do it at the same time as this would then fall foul of the "switch" condition.

Offer end date a bit confusing though, they mention two offer end dates on the website.

" Offer ends 19 April 2015."

AND

apply between "1 April 2015 and 30 June 2015".

Stay on the safe side and apply by 19 April!

as you say two separate conditions, 19th April is the apply at branch offer which apples for ALL applicants, the 30 June is for existing applicants only and only online. It's in fact not unusual for banks to have multiple promos at the same or overlapping times, my suggestion is to keep some evidence (eg PDF the terms). A PDF of T&C's gives you the ability to show evidence of an offer to FOS and usually banks give in when they realise this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back