Wanted: Visa or Mastercard to get QF points ... without Amex

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilyHoward

Hi,

Anyone know which bank etc is best currently for getting a Visa or MC so that I can get FF Qantas points please?

I already have a Qantas Amex Platinum card so don't need one of those.

TA

EH

Woolworths has an Everyday Rewards CC - a visa I think.
Don't have much connection today or would look it up for you.
I think they have a 16k signup bonus too atm.

Woolworths has an Everyday Rewards CC - a visa I think.
Don't have much connection today or would look it up for you.
I think they have a 16k signup bonus too atm.

It is via HSBC and it is a mastercard ..... 1 QFF point per $$ + bonus points via EDR ..... they are still offering the 16000 bonus points as well

$89 fee pa is not too bad as well

It is via HSBC and it is a mastercard ..... 1 QFF point per $$ + bonus points via EDR ..... they are still offering the 16000 bonus points as well

$89 fee pa is not too bad as well

HAHAHA Thanks Williamsf1! I got one thing right! Your post just made me LOL and totally made my day. Thanks. Taez

Re: WanIted: Visa or Mastercard to get QF points ... without Amex

I've seen ads recently for an anz card that is offering 32,000 QF points. Not sure what the annual fee or earning rates are but might be worth a look....

I've seen ads recently for an anz card that is offering 32,000 QF points. Not sure what the annual fee or earning rates are but might be worth a look....
Generally ANZ Visa cards earn airline points at a rate of less than 1 per $.

There's also the CitiBusiness Gold card which is a visa card and gives 1.25 points per $1, and has a 40,000 points sign up bonus. Don't need to have a business but has a $149 annual fee.

Re: WanIted: Visa or Mastercard to get QF points ... without Amex

Its ANZ Platinum Visa & Amex cost about $300PA, wife signed up before this latest promo, getting only 20K points.

I saw that ad too when I used an ANZ ATM as it came up as an advert on the screen. I also opted to print the voucher docket from the ATM giving more details on the product which says:

You could get a bonus 32,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points with a new ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum account, if you apply by 31 August 2011.

For new and approved applicants only. Visit www.anz.com/frequentflyer, your local branch or call 13 33 33 to apply today.

Terms and conditions available on application. Fees and charges apply. Subject to ANZ's normal credit assessment criteria. The 32,000 Bonus Points applies only once per per new ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum card account. The offer is not available in conjunction with any other offers or promotions or if you transfer a balance from another ANZ card.

If your application is approved, the bonus points will be credited to your account within 3 months of card account activation. Points and bonus points accrue in accordance with the ANZ Frequent Flyer Reward Program Terms and Conditions. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem points and are subject to the program terms and conditions.

ANZ is the credit provider and a credit licensee (or registered person) under the National Consumer Credit laws."

So I guess if you already have an ANZ credit card with an outstanding balance, transfer that balance to a different credit card so you can balance transfer then from the non-ANZ credit card to your new ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum account.

While it may not be the best card to accrue points on IMHO it's worth getting for the points & using it for balance transfer purposes before eventually getting rid of it once it's passed it's usefulness.

For your actual spending continue to use whatever card you have that will earn you the most points.

Last edited:
There's also the CitiBusiness Gold card which is a visa card and gives 1.25 points per $1, and has a 40,000 points sign up bonus. Don't need to have a business but has a $149 annual fee.

I just signed up for this yesterday. 1.25 points per $1 is very good. The Woolworths Credit Card is only 1 point per $1. (It is unlimited though.) I have seen loads of posts about the Woolworths credit card but only a handful about the Citibank Card.

I'm close to my QFF "perfect" combo

Amex Plat Charge Card
Citibank Business God Visa
Amex Ultimate Card.

I just need to get the fee waived on the Ultimate card and I'm there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back