Virgin High Flyer promotion email

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozjuice

Anyone else get this? Great timing considering I have $10,000 worth of flights to book.

"Here's a little bonus point treat just for you.

Earn 5x Velocity Points
on all Eligible Transactions made between 1 February 2019 and 28 February 2019 as long as your total Retail Purchases are $2500 or more during the Promotion Period."

I don't believe I have received the same email; must be targeted. Bummer, I have a couple of bills this month totalling about $35k. I guess they'll have to go on another card (with no cap).

Bummer! What was subject line of the email? I cannot find any email from Virgin High Flyer over the last 48 hours or so...

Edit: Oh, double bummer... I was having a senior's moment... I have kept my Virgin Money CC and just cancelled my Virgin High Flyer card :-(

Just curious: I wonder what spend pattern those who have received the offer have had on their card over the past couple of months?

Myself and my wife got this, been using it very little as we were close to getting rid of it.
Utility bill payments would count towards this?. I could use the points maybe buy a couple of K's worth of gift Visa cards mmmmm
Maybe some gold bullion the 5 points would go some way towards offsetting the buy back premium
Clive

Promotion applies to Eligible Transactions as defined in the Rewards Program for High Flyer and Flyer Cardholders Terms and Conditions. Eligible Transaction means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Special Promotions, BPAY payments, purchases of foreign currency and travellers cheques, transactions made in operating a business, bank fees and charges such as interest and ATM charges and government related transactions. Government related transactions include transactions with government or semi-government entities, or relating to services provided by or in connection with government (for example but not limited to transactions made at Australia Post, payments to the Australian Taxation Office, council rates, motor registries, tolls, parking stations and meters, fares on public transport, fines and court related costs). This promotion is valid between 1 February 2019 and 28 February 2019 (Promotion Period) and is only available to customers who have clicked on the 'Activate Now' button in this email by 10 February 2019 and received confirmation via the linked landing page and spent $2500 or more on Retail Purchases during the Promotion Period. Bonus Velocity Points will be credited within 10 weeks of the Promotion Period ending. Please note if you have a Balance Transfer, you will be charged interest on any spend that you make.

Still waiting on the payout from when this was last offered in November - though only went up to 3x points then.

Maybe worth a phone call to ask to reverse the cancellation AND get the offer. Just to try.

Bummer! What was subject line of the email? I cannot find any email from Virgin High Flyer over the last 48 hours or so...

Edit: Oh, double bummer... I was having a senior's moment... I have kept my Virgin Money CC and just cancelled my Virgin High Flyer card :-(

Citibank also sent me a similar promotion to earn 3x reward points in February...

Well it's good for me a actually get a bonus before i spent big, usually with my luck i miss things by a few days. So basically an extra 40000 points are very useful.

I had a triple points up to 10,000 velocity recently.. I'm almost at the 10 weeks post promotion for the points to be paid. Hopefully they come without me asking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back