Virgin Free Flight (Amex Reserve)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymousCoward

Established Member
Anyone know what booking class needs to be available to be able to book this fare? I'd prefer to be able to just search for this myself rather than spend time on the phone trying to find availability.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have a list of routes available with the free flight for reserve card holders? Specifically interested to see where I can travel from Sydney.

I'm sure same as edge card.... East coast to Brisbane/Melbourne/Canberra.... Maybe to Adelaide

Just ring AMEX and they will email you the current Platinum Reserve flight and hotel pdf table. It is no longer readily available online due to the removal of the AMEX reserve card from their card offerings.

If there are no longer any available flights on the class of booking, the rep will let you know and you can pay the fare difference - usually $50-100 in my experience.

Just ring AMEX and they will email you the current Platinum Reserve flight and hotel pdf table. It is no longer readily available online due to the removal of the AMEX reserve card from their card offerings.

If there are no longer any available flights on the class of booking, the rep will let you know and you can pay the fare difference - usually $50-100 in my experience.

That's interesting. Points/SC earnt in this case?

Booked a return flight on my Amex Platinum Edge last month DRW-PER-DRW.

DRW-PER (2 April) - N class.
PER-DRW (6 April) - Q class.

Pity it's ineligble for points earn with VA but I wonder if I can credit to EY (if the status match to QF Gold comes through) or SQ.

Not sure if that's the most useful information (especially since it's not on the Platinum Reserve).

There was talk on another thread that Amex were going to be more explicit that these fares are non-earning. Variable reports of success with crediting to SQ and VS. I haven't heard of any success with EY

Gday

Slightly off topic- my wife and I both have a Velocity Platinum Amex with a free flight each year. If i take her card to work Monday and call the travel bookings line can i book both mine and her free flight on the same call on the same PNR? Or does she need to call up herself for identity reasons?

Thanks.

Pele.

Gday

Slightly off topic- my wife and I both have a Velocity Platinum Amex with a free flight each year. If i take her card to work Monday and call the travel bookings line can i book both mine and her free flight on the same call on the same PNR? Or does she need to call up herself for identity reasons?

Thanks.

Pele.

They will need to speak with her. I did the same last September, the agent was nice enough to call my wife despite their policy of NOT calling out customers to ensure we don't lose the remaining seat. Over the phone with VA later on, VA refused to allocate her seat next to mine (was Gold, she was Red) because they're separate bookings, but told me they 'linked them up'. At check in at the airport we got exit row seats.

Well, it seems that the rules have changed. I discovered this just now when I called AMEX to book the complimentary flights.

Now availability needs to be in either V/Q/T!

Good luck finding that on peak periods. The agent told me the rules have changed earlier this year and E/N were removed.

Something doesn't add up. By definition and according to AMEX T&C the bookable VA fares should be the saver family, and these should include all saver fares right up to E (E/N/V/Q/T) as Y/B/H/K/L are designated as Flex.

I called up again, was advised thtat the rules changed from 1 August. V/Q/T/P only. The changes only apply to the Reserve.

The Velocity Platinum is unaffected and E is still OK but must be booked at least 21 days in advance.

And to complain, must write through snail mail. :mad:

Last edited:
I called up again, was advised thtat the rules changed from 1 August. V/Q/T/P only. The changes only apply to the Reserve.

The Velocity Platinum is unaffected and E is still OK but must be booked at least 21 days in advance.

And to complain, must write through snail mail. :mad:

OK - how does this translate in everyday language?

I'm looking at using my free Reserve flight for Sydney to Queenstown - when I look at the VA site there are 4 options being Economy Reward, Saver Light, Saver and Flexi. Saver is available on most dates, Economy Reward and Saver Light mostly sold out :(

OK - how does this translate in everyday language?

I'm looking at using my free Reserve flight for Sydney to Queenstown - when I look at the VA site there are 4 options being Economy Reward, Saver Light, Saver and Flexi. Saver is available on most dates, Economy Reward and Saver Light mostly sold out :(

My understanding is that it should be Saver as a bag will be included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back