Virgin flyer credit card offer up to 20k bonus points and no annual fee (1st year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleks

Offer available via the velocity website - earn 10k on activation and 10k if you spend 5k within first 3 months

Re: Virgin flyer credit card offer up to 20k bonus points and no annual fee (1st year

Nice find. 20k points for free, and bonus of 4x flights slightly cheaper than the normal purchase price.

Will be getting this card.....for 12 months anyways.:)

Re: Virgin flyer credit card offer up to 20k bonus points and no annual fee (1st year

Offer available via the velocity website - earn 10k on activation and 10k if you spend 5k within first 3 months

does anyone know the definition of new approved Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card account holders. I had a card previously, which I cancelled in Nov 13

does anyone know the definition of new approved Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card account holders. I had a card previously, which I cancelled in Nov 13

I suspect you are still considered an existing card holder even though your account is not active.

Finally, a no fee with bonus points, been waiting for a while for one of these

I don't know what it is with Citibank and me

Got declined for this card. Got declined for another Citi card about 9 months ago.

I earn nearly double the required amount for the top card (High Flyer). I've got no outstanding loans, I pay my other credit cards off in full each month. Have seen my credit file and no adverse info on there, and don't apply for credit more than say about 2 times a year

Anyone have any idea why I keep getting rejected? Am an HSBC Premier customer, have had no problems getting Amex cards, and other banks - but looking for the best earn options for Velocity

That is only 2 months ago.

Also Citibank on cancelling a card effectively keeps it open for a while in case you ave forgotten to cancel all your direct debits etc....

Got declined for this card. Got declined for another Citi card about 9 months ago.
It is not just you.

I have a Citibank Readycredit and a Virgin Money card for about ~14 months. I had forgotten Virgin Money is a Citibank product.

Anyway received a pre-printed (and approved?) application for another Citibank card ~6 months ago and sent in the application. I received a letter and application was rejected. It took a number of phone calls to find out the reason I was rejected was because I had applied and was approved for the Virgin Money card in the past 9 months.

Difficult to understand some of their decisions.

I earn nearly double the required amount for the top card (High Flyer). I've got no outstanding loans, I pay my other credit cards off in full each month. Have seen my credit file and no adverse info on there, and don't apply for credit more than say about 2 times a year

Anyone have any idea why I keep getting rejected? Am an HSBC Premier customer, have had no problems getting Amex cards, and other banks - but looking for the best earn options for Velocity

Citibank doesn't talk in common sense. You might try your luck by lodging a complaint. The complaint process is long and painful just let you know.

I got rejected on Citibank last year, and the reason is that they don't think Yearly tax statement isn't a proper proof of income and they refuse to overturn the decision.

Was this a 'til January 31 offer' by any chance? I found the page on the VFF site but it has no link to apply? Through Virgin money site they don't seem to be offering the fee waiver? Googling the info. I found a site that seems to have the offer listed, but thought I better double check here before trying to sign up to a google link I found! Thanks

Perfect - thanks!

Offer expires 31March, it is still on the VFF website.

Try this direct link Virgin Credit Cards | Virgin Money

Bumping this one, now expires 31 July. Free 20,000 points for a 1st spend (10k) and $5,000 within 3 mths (10k), also reduced flight costs for 2nd traveller etc etc.

Now have 2 in the family with this card :)

I got a phone call about this earlier today, got the rep to e-mail me the details, seems like a good deal so far

This offer seems great I have applied today but they now want me to send supporting documents of income and identity which is no problem except when I try to use the upload documents link on their site it doesn't load, so I then tried the email [email protected] which I now have an email delivery failure from. Has anyone else been having issues?

A couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can answer, regarding the reduced price flights (50% of the base fare of a domestic Saver fare when 2 travel together, up to 4 times per year):

1. Does 4 times per year mean 4 returns or 4 one way flights?
2. Does the person travelling on the reduced price fare earn SCs and points as normal?

EDIT: I found the answer to Q1 - it's 4 sectors per year. But I also just noticed you have to book through the VA Guest Contact Centre (ie by phone) to get the reduced fare, so now I have another question! Does that mean you have to pay a booking fee?

Last edited:

By the way, I edited my above post to remove a sentence about points earning, as it was potentially confusing. There now seems to be three distinct Virgin Flyer bonus points offers available:

1. 20,000 bonus points and no annual fee in the first year with the Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer card: Virgin Credit Cards | Virgin Money
2. 40,000 bonus points with the Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer card, but with full annual fee ($289): Virgin Credit Cards | Virgin Money
3. 20,000 bonus points with the Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer card, with a half price annual fee in year 1 ($145): Virgin High Flyer Credit Card | Virgin Credit Cards | Virgin Money

Both cards have the same reduced price flights offer. The Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer card earns 1 pt per $, while the the Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer card earns 1.25 pts per $. Offer 3 is therefore unlikely to better than 1 for most people.

Last edited:

It took a number of phone calls to find out the reason I was rejected was because I had applied and was approved for the Virgin Money card in the past 9 months.

Difficult to understand some of their decisions.

I think I'm going to fall foul of this too. Applied last week but got a call yesterday saying it's only 8 months since I took out a Citi Signature card, and they don't normally approve any further applications within 9 months. She said if I agree to close the Signature account (fee free for life!) they can approve the Virgin application. I don't think so! I asked if that means I'll be rejected - she said she doesn't know, it will be forwarded to someone else for a final decision.

Btw, about 18 months ago I had 2 Citi issued cards with a total limit of $45k. Now I have one card with a limit of $15k, so it's not really obvious to me why they would have a problem giving me another one. Anyway, not worth losing sleep over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back