Using Explorer travel credit when Explorer card is linked to Ascent Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eh520

Hello all,

I have tried to search for this question but it doesn't seem like this question has previously been raised up, so maybe if someone can point me to the right direction that would be great.

I have an Explorer card and a Platinum Charge card. The Explorer card is linked to the Ascent Premium program now after much hassle. On Amex travels I can only see and use my $300 travel credit from my Platinum Charge card and when I called Amex up, the operator said it's because my Explorer is linked to the Ascent Premium program, which means I can't access my $400 travel credit until I 'unlink' my Explorer card.

The operator also stated that I can unlink my Explorer card to be back to the normal MR program, use my $400 credit and then request to re-link back to the Ascent Premium program free of charge any time. Any points from MR program will be transferred to Ascent Premium at a rate of 1:1 (this happened for me when I transferred 160k MR points to 160k Ascent Premium points).

For those of you that had Explorer + Platinum Charge with the explorer linked to Ascent Premium - did you have this problem at all?? If you use the $300 travel credit from the Platinum Charge first, were you then able to see and redeem your $400 travel credit from the Explorer card? Or did you have to actually unlink it, and then link it back like what the operator suggested me? It just sounds really unreliable to unlink it, because I am sure one of the future operators will refuse to link for me again with various different reasoning... It just seems like a lot of trouble.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I have tried to search for this question but it doesn't seem like this question has previously been raised up, so maybe if someone can point me to the right direction that would be great.

I have an Explorer card and a Platinum Charge card. The Explorer card is linked to the Ascent Premium program now after much hassle. On Amex travels I can only see and use my $300 travel credit from my Platinum Charge card and when I called Amex up, the operator said it's because my Explorer is linked to the Ascent Premium program, which means I can't access my $400 travel credit until I 'unlink' my Explorer card.

The operator also stated that I can unlink my Explorer card to be back to the normal MR program, use my $400 credit and then request to re-link back to the Ascent Premium program free of charge any time. Any points from MR program will be transferred to Ascent Premium at a rate of 1:1 (this happened for me when I transferred 160k MR points to 160k Ascent Premium points).

For those of you that had Explorer + Platinum Charge with the explorer linked to Ascent Premium - did you have this problem at all?? If you use the $300 travel credit from the Platinum Charge first, were you then able to see and redeem your $400 travel credit from the Explorer card? Or did you have to actually unlink it, and then link it back like what the operator suggested me? It just sounds really unreliable to unlink it, because I am sure one of the future operators will refuse to link for me again with various different reasoning... It just seems like a lot of trouble.

Thanks in advance!

I have exactly the same questions. Anyone can share some lights on this?

Also, how do you request Amex to link your Explorer card to the Ascent Premium, and transfer the Gateway points into Ascent Premium? Any fee required?

Thanks a lot.

Ok, so I followed up with multiple phone calls trying to get different staff to help. And as expected, each staff has their different version of why this is happening and offer different ways to help.

Today at around 11am, a staff (cant remember name..) investigated for me and has put the $400 travel credit back onto my account. He also got my $400 Platinum Reserve travel credit onto the list as well, so now I have 3 sets of credits to choose from when I check out. My rewards program definitely didn't need to be unlinked...

I would say... keep calling until someone can do it for you!

I have exactly the same questions. Anyone can share some lights on this?

Also, how do you request Amex to link your Explorer card to the Ascent Premium, and transfer the Gateway points into Ascent Premium? Any fee required?

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

Give them a call and request for them to do it for you. Ask to link your Explorer card to the Ascent Premium program - if they are willing to do it then they will transfer all your points from MR to Ascent Premium at the rate of 1:1, and your Explorer card will become $1 = 2 Ascent Premium point. If they refuse to do it or they say they can't, you can try and argue with them that you know it can, or you can just call back at another time.

Sometimes with Amex it's a matter of requesting from the right person at the right time so just keep trying!

Hello,

Give them a call and request for them to do it for you. Ask to link your Explorer card to the Ascent Premium program - if they are willing to do it then they will transfer all your points from MR to Ascent Premium at the rate of 1:1, and your Explorer card will become $1 = 2 Ascent Premium point. If they refuse to do it or they say they can't, you can try and argue with them that you know it can, or you can just call back at another time.

Sometimes with Amex it's a matter of requesting from the right person at the right time so just keep trying!

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try.

How many credit cards can be linked to the Charge card? The Platinum Charge card can be linked with a Reserve Credit Card to get the $400 travel credit. Is it possible to link a second credit card (Explorer or Edge) to the Charge card Ascent Premium account?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try.

How many credit cards can be linked to the Charge card? The Platinum Charge card can be linked with a Reserve Credit Card to get the $400 travel credit. Is it possible to link a second credit card (Explorer or Edge) to the Charge card Ascent Premium account?

Thanks a lot.

I've got the Platinum Reserve and Explorer linked to the Platinum Charge card, so all 3 cards are earning Ascent Premium points. They won't waive the annual fee for Explorer card though, you will only get the annual fee waiver for the Platinum Reserve credit card.

Hope this answers your question

I've got the Platinum Reserve and Explorer linked to the Platinum Charge card, so all 3 cards are earning Ascent Premium points. They won't waive the annual fee for Explorer card though, you will only get the annual fee waiver for the Platinum Reserve credit card.

Hope this answers your question

It is nice to know this achievable. Thanks for confirming on this.

By linking your Explorer to the Ascent Premium, does it mean the Explorer card now gives you 2 Ascent Premium points per dollar, while the other two cards with 3-2-1 Ascent Premium points earn rates?

Thanks.

It is nice to know this achievable. Thanks for confirming on this.

By linking your Explorer to the Ascent Premium, does it mean the Explorer card now gives you 2 Ascent Premium points per dollar, while the other two cards with 3-2-1 Ascent Premium points earn rates?

Thanks.

Correct! 2 Ascent Premium points per dollar on Explorer, and 3-2-1 Ascent Preium points on the other two platinum cards. Really good deal to be able to earn 2 Ascent Premium points per dollar with the Explorer card.

Correct! 2 Ascent Premium points per dollar on Explorer, and 3-2-1 Ascent Preium points on the other two platinum cards. Really good deal to be able to earn 2 Ascent Premium points per dollar with the Explorer card.

This is really well done, mate. :)

Now, I'm thinking, is it possible to remove the Reserved card, and waive the fee for Explorer? Then you don't need to pay the extra fee the the Explorer while you still have the 2 Ascent Premium earn rate.

This is really well done, mate. :)

Now, I'm thinking, is it possible to remove the Reserved card, and waive the fee for Explorer? Then you don't need to pay the extra fee the the Explorer while you still have the 2 Ascent Premium earn rate.

I tried 5 phone calls for that before I applied for the Reserve credit card, and no barge at all with the 5 different staff I spoke to. I originally didn't want the platinum reserve credit card at all as it's another credit enquiry. It's a complete different card system and can't act as a companion card so yea. Would love to hear any success though!

In the end I got offered 10k bonus points to offset a bit of my annual fee on my Explorer card, which I don't mind :D

I tried 5 phone calls for that before I applied for the Reserve credit card, and no barge at all with the 5 different staff I spoke to. I originally didn't want the platinum reserve credit card at all as it's another credit enquiry. It's a complete different card system and can't act as a companion card so yea. Would love to hear any success though!

In the end I got offered 10k bonus points to offset a bit of my annual fee on my Explorer card, which I don't mind :D

A 10k fix is not too bad, though, considering they are Ascent Premium points. ;)

I’ve got Platinum Charge and 4 other cards including Explorer all linked to Ascent Premium.

My Explorer credit was also not showing. I asked about it on the Platinum line and the operator I spoke with said it looked like they needed to make some changes in the back end. I was apprehensive about losing my Ascent Premium link in the process.

All fixed now. Recently had Explorer anniversary & credit showed up automatically. All cards are still linked together for rewards. Seems to depend on who you get when you call. Understandably happy with the result.

I’ve got Platinum Charge and 4 other cards including Explorer all linked to Ascent Premium.

My Explorer credit was also not showing. I asked about it on the Platinum line and the operator I spoke with said it looked like they needed to make some changes in the back end. I was apprehensive about losing my Ascent Premium link in the process.

All fixed now. Recently had Explorer anniversary & credit showed up automatically. All cards are still linked together for rewards. Seems to depend on who you get when you call. Understandably happy with the result.

Good to know it is all sorted.

By the way, if we have Explorer and Edge cards link to Ascent Premium. Is that means Explorer gives 2 points per dollar, while Edge can give 3 points per dollar at supermarket?

so now I have 3 sets of credits to choose from when I check out. My rewards program definitely didn't need to be unlinked...

Let say you got a booking value at $1000 AUD , can you use all 3 sets of credit in one booking . I am waiting a plat charge and looking to apply the reserve as well and intend to keep it

Only 1 credit per booking unfortunately. I did get a pleasant surprise recently as I booked flights for my family of 4 and they let me split it into 4 bookings and used all 4 of my credits. Two of the bookings for my kids who are minors.

Want to share my exp when i call up and ask to link my Explorer and Plat Charge MR . First called agent asked me if i have used up all my $400 travel credit as they will be gone after i link up the 2 , she then see i got a points balance in Explorer and refuse to do as those points will be gone after the 2 merge .

Hangup call again in 2 mins to talk to another agent who get it done for me in 2 mins saying that all the points will be moved across without any problem , if i still got $400 travel credit from Explorer it also get reset for another year . Even advise me to use Explorer card every where to earn 2 points / $ only Food Restaurant for Plat Charge .

ok i have applied for the explorer and approved. My question is - So to link this to ascent premium call card service via the ph on the back of the plat/cent card. and tell them to link it once i receive the explorer in the mail.?? no point alerting this to the R.Manager. dont want to be denied.

thanks for all your help !

ok i have applied for the explorer and approved. My question is - So to link this to ascent premium call card service via the ph on the back of the plat/cent card. and tell them to link it once i receive the explorer in the mail.?? no point alerting this to the R.Manager. dont want to be denied.

thanks for all your help !
only link it AFTER you get any bonus sign up points credited otherwise you may forfeit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back