Upgrading CBA rewards from Gold to Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcam

I have been a Commonwealth Bank customer for a number of years and have had a Commonwealth Rewards Visa credit card since 2001.

Earlier this year I received a free offer to upgrade my standard Visa card to a Gold card which I accepted. I therefore do not have to pay any credit card fee up to July 2009. However I now wish to upgrade to a Platinum card (I am earning enough income to do so). A few questions:

(1) if I am accepted, will I have to pay a brand new annual fee for the card upfront, and, what is the likelihood I can get it waived?

(2) if not, I plan on closing my current card - will I be in a position to negotiate if I threaten to do so? (I have a batch of points I want to redeem before the 31st March).

I have been a Commonwealth Bank customer for a number of years and have had a Commonwealth Rewards Visa credit card since 2001.

Earlier this year I received a free offer to upgrade my standard Visa card to a Gold card which I accepted. I therefore do not have to pay any credit card fee up to July 2009. However I now wish to upgrade to a Platinum card (I am earning enough income to do so). A few questions:

(1) if I am accepted, will I have to pay a brand new annual fee for the card upfront, and, what is the likelihood I can get it waived?

(2) if not, I plan on closing my current card - will I be in a position to negotiate if I threaten to do so? (I have a batch of points I want to redeem before the 31st March).
drcam,

From my experience with CBA this could go either way. There does not appear to be ant logic or if there is, it is often misused. :rolleyes:

I'd ring them and see what transpires. If you don't like the answer I'd ring again a while later for another version. :shock:

Sad but true :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back