Upgrad an AMEX cARD FOR EXTRA POINTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold60

Hi All,

ATM my sister has an AMEX that is ages old, that is apparently earning some points with her shopping.

Question is, does anyone know of any more modern AMEX cards that come with bonus points that she can "upgrade" to ? To get an AMEX card with a bonus points and a better earning rate (i have the EDGE, for example), will she have to cancel her existing AMEX, and wait the 6 or 12 months, or whatever waiting period, before re-applying for a new one ?

Obviously she can apply for another brand of card with the bonus points, but i thought i would look at the AMEX situation first.

She is retired with a comfortable income, and thus a good steady spend rate.

Thank you in advance if anyone can advise................. :)

Hi All,

ATM my sister has an AMEX that is ages old, that is apparently earning some points with her shopping.

Question is, does anyone know of any more modern AMEX cards that come with bonus points that she can "upgrade" to ? To get an AMEX card with a bonus points and a better earning rate (i have the EDGE, for example), will she have to cancel her existing AMEX, and wait the 6 or 12 months, or whatever waiting period, before re-applying for a new one ?

Obviously she can apply for another brand of card with the bonus points, but i thought i would look at the AMEX situation first.

She is retired with a comfortable income, and thus a good steady spend rate.

Thank you in advance if anyone can advise................. :)

I am not 100% sure but I would think she would have to cancel her card and wait the 18month??? period.
in the meantime she can take advantage of a bank issued card with an Amex ( we have opted for the westpac Black = 80,000 bonus points)

After the wait period she can then sign up for a new Amex. I might be wrong on that though but I think it is correct.

She can apply for a new AMEX whenever she wants: she just won't get the bonus points for signing up unless she's held no AMEX-issued cards for 18 months.

(The exceptions to the rule are AMEX's David Jones cards, on which you can earn bonus points even if you already have a different AMEX card type: but the ongoing earn rate is pretty cough except in a few categories.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back