Up to 30000 bonus points with JQ Mastercard

Status
Not open for further replies.

markis10

Veteran Member
Earn up to a bonus 30,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points*
With the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard®, you can now earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points and go to amazing places. Right now, for a limited time, the card comes with a great offer of up to a bonus 30,000 points*. Plus, successful new applicants pay no annual fee˜ for the first year. Here's how you could take advantage of this offer:

Apply and be approved before 31 March 2012

Opt-in to 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards' at no cost

You will receive a bonus 20,000 points if you make an eligible purchase before 31 May 2012

Receive an additional bonus 10,000 points if you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases by 31 May 2012
spacer.gif

Those jetstar dollars look like a bit of a rip off. 3 months to book, six months to travel. The 30 qff fee looks worth it to have the points transferred in that situation. 150 annual fee and 100k points cap with 1 point per dollar

Sent from my iPhone

Signed up for the Platinum Master card last week. The Qantas FF fee is included with the Platinum card.

Decided to finally get a Jetstar card so you dont get slugged the Booking and Service fee with Jetstar! up to 30K QFF points is a good bonus tho.

Sounded like a good offer, but clicking on the link embedded in the card image shows a $149 yearly fee (and no mention of the fee being waived for the first year).

And I took a screenshot of that image before putting my application in, because when you click through to the application there is no reference to "no annual fee first year". Let's see if this application is easier than the Virgin card :p

Good idea.

I just clicked on the link but can't see a mention of no annual fee for the first year.

Edit: I had this page open for a while before reading it so missed the previous couple of posts.

I just go this offer in an email from jetstar and it specifically mention no annual fee for the first year for the platinum card.

Also got this offer, even though these days I don't think you can do much with 30000 QFF Pesos these days. I rather have 30000 KF or VA Points, or even better, 30000 Amex MR points.

For me, it's one way to Hong Kong in Y. I'll take it if it costs me nothing but a few minutes to complete the application.

For me, it's one way to Hong Kong in Y. I'll take it if it costs me nothing but a few minutes to complete the application.

Yes it is 1 way to HKG in Y in QF, but if redeeming using SQ it only costs 23375 miles (or 21250 miles from March), or 20K miles on VS program. That's why I said QFF Pesos is not worth that much these days.

It is not just a few minutes to fill up application, then there is the 5K spending requirements, and most of all the credit check on your file.

I received the offer in an email and it clearly states no annual fee for the first year. It references (5) in the terms and conditions:

5. The annual fee for the primary Jetstar Platinum MasterCard will revert to $149 after the first year. The $39 fee for each additional card will still apply.

So that's 20000 points for free. Why not?!

It is not just a few minutes to fill up application, then there is the 5K spending requirements, and most of all the credit check on your file.

That's only the extra 10K points, the first 20K are free :)

Certainly clicking on the jetstar link leads you to terms and conditions that don't mention the fee waiver however the ad on their page is pretty clear, i've got a screenshot of it as well just in case.

I say just in case because I only noticed at the end of the application that it's managed by "card services" which are citibank. Depressingly I'm now expecting the application process to be a mixture of tears and pulling my hair out only for them to screw it up in the end anyway. I wish I'd known this to begin with, even 30,000 free points isn't enough for me to ignore my own rule of never using them again. ever. Maybe their call centre is different and competent???

Will be interesting to see other users experiences with them

I say just in case because I only noticed at the end of the application that it's managed by "card services" which are citibank. Depressingly I'm now expecting the application process to be a mixture of tears and pulling my hair out only for them to screw it up in the end anyway. I wish I'd known this to begin with, even 30,000 free points isn't enough for me to ignore my own rule of never using them again. ever. Maybe their call centre is different and competent???

Will be interesting to see other users experiences with them

Its not citibank, its the Millionaires factory: Card Services is a division of Macquarie Bank Limited (ABN 46 008 583 542)

Let's see if this application is easier than the Virgin card :p

I only noticed at the end of the application that it's managed by "card services" which are citibank. Depressingly I'm now expecting the application process to be a mixture of tears and pulling my hair out only for them to screw it up in the end anyway.

Oh dear, I'm already starting to break out into a cold sweat.

Just remember, the trick with the Virgin card if the application was caught in the endless "send us information" loop was to call up and attempt to cancel the application. That always seemed to get things moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back