Until 18th March 2012: Double points offers at Woolworths Everyday Rewards Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzzhobbes

Just received this on my email it is user exclusive
But I have posted it For Your Information

Don't miss the opportunity to earn double Qantas Frequent Flyer points[SUP]1[/SUP] when you shop at participating Woolworths group stores and pay using your Woolworths Qantas credit card! Simply shop between 5 March 2012 and 18 March 2012 and you'll earn 2 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases[SUP]1[/SUP].

Plus, you'll still earn your standard 1 point per $1 spent over $30* in one transaction at Woolworths supermarkets and BWS stores (excluding Tasmania) and BIG W stores, and 1 point per $1 spent over $50* in one transaction at Dick Smith stores (excluding resellers) when you scan the Everyday Rewards barcode on the back of the card[SUP]3[/SUP].

The table shows you just how easy it is to boost your points.

Don't miss out! Offer ends 18 March, 2012.

imagegif

Perhaps they notice everyone buying on Amex.
Interesting detail from the notes:
1. Double Qantas Frequent Flyer points offer is only available to Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas credit cardholders on eligible purchases made from 5 March 2012 to 18 March 2012 in Woolworths Supermarkets, Woolworths Liquor, BWS, BIG W, Cellarmasters, Masters, Thomas Dux, Dan Murphy's, Dick Smith stores (excluding reseller stores) and CALTEX WOOLWORTHS co-branded fuel outlets.
Dan Murphy's is included as well. Though I'm not sure how it would work as they don't normally have everyday rewards (apart from December 2010 if I recall); I guess one would just have to find out by asking the assistant to scan the back of the card.

Perhaps they notice everyone buying on Amex.
Interesting detail from the notes:

Dan Murphy's is included as well. Though I'm not sure how it would work as they don't normally have everyday rewards (apart from December 2010 if I recall); I guess one would just have to find out by asking the assistant to scan the back of the card.

Well spotted :) It looks from the T&C's that the double points at Dan Murphy's come just from the CC spend. There is no need to scan the EDR card as no points gained from that.
Still not too shabby considering its usually only 1 point per dollar or 1.5 for we Amex users.

Well spotted :) It looks from the T&C's that the double points at Dan Murphy's come just from the CC spend. There is no need to scan the EDR card as no points gained from that.
Still not too shabby considering its usually only 1 point per dollar or 1.5 for we Amex users.

Every double points promotion I have had on the credit card has included Dan Murphy's. The double points at all stores happens regardless of whether you scan the EDR card or not. The EDR scan only affects whether you get the points above a $30 spend.

I received this along with and EDR double points offer, so looking at 4:1 this week at woolworths!!

does anyone know if buying gift cards count? the BP approach? :)

ah thanks, i must have missed it. Thanks for the heads up.

This promotion ended on 18 March, and I just got my statement for the period to 3 April, but no bonus points have been credited.
Definitely bought some hundreds of dollars worth of goods at Woolworths and Dan Murphy.
Has anyone had bonus points credited so far?

This promotion ended on 18 March, and I just got my statement for the period to 3 April, but no bonus points have been credited.
Definitely bought some hundreds of dollars worth of goods at Woolworths and Dan Murphy.
Has anyone had bonus points credited so far?

The T&C's said to allow 8 weeks from 18 March 2012... so we need to wait until at 13 May 2012 before following it up.
1. Double Qantas Frequent Flyer points offer is only available to Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas credit cardholders on eligible purchases made from 5 March 2012 to 18 March 2012 in Woolworths Supermarkets, Woolworths Liquor, BWS, BIG W, Cellarmasters, Masters, Thomas Dux, Dan Murphy's, Dick Smith stores (excluding reseller stores) and CALTEX WOOLWORTHS co-branded fuel outlets. Eligible purchases during the promotional period are required to be made with the Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas credit card. No points are earned on business expenses, interest free promotions, balance transfers and cash advances. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other bonus offer. Allow up to 8 weeks after 18 March 2012 for receipt of your bonus points at which time your account must be current and not in arrears.

I hadn't seen the 8-week condition so phoned up to say points had not been posted. After speaking to three staff I had the following replies:
1. You didn't activate the offer.

2. I missed the offer date (I shopped on March 12)

3. We'll look into it and get back to you.

I guess the staff don't read all the T & C's either.

Thanks DeKa. I didn't read the conditions carefully enough! Will try to wait patiently now. :)

I have been noticing lately a lot of these bonus or double point offers on different reward programs take b/n 4 to 8 weeks to credit! I just wonder why they can't automated the crediting of points more easily? Do they need to individually check each transaction?

I received my statement yesterday. Still no WW bonus points from this promotion... So I guess I will be waiting until this time next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back