United Miles...earning miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nessa1977

Intern
I have only about 11,500 miles earned since 2017 (my last flight to Canada) and flying again soon (United and Air Canada). I'm a slow earner as I'm not a frequent traveller.

What is the best way to increase my miles? I have car rental through Hertz and some accommodation, though not sure I can earn points on those bookings (don't remember seeing anywhere to enter member number).

Based in Australia, so bit hard to "spend money in the US to earn miles". I'm not very switched on about miles, but can I transfer the miles so I can benefit more from them?

So to update, my cousin made a booking on my behalf through hotels.ca so he can get free nights. I also made a booking though United Hotels (ended up being the same price) so I can get miles.

I've contacted hotels.ca to ask if I'm eligable for United Miles on that booking but I couldn't get a straight answer out of them. United Hotels don't have an email address and although I can call, I prefer to put things in writing as it's so much easier and plus with my Australian accent, sometimes it's difficult to understand on the other end LOL.

So...................can anyone shed any light on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back