Transfer to Krisflyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nnis

Established Member
Hi All,

Please let me know if I am calculating this correctly or not?

I have a ANZ Black Rewards card.

My aim is to transfer to Krisflyer.

The rate is 1KF for 3 ANZ reward points. So for example if I want to transfer 75000 anz reward points to KF I will get 25000KF

But the transfer rate for Virgin is 1 Virgin mile for 2 anz rewards then I can transfer to KF at the rate of 1.35?
so 75000 turns into 37500 virgin miles and then that equates to 27777 KF miles?

So am I better off transferring from ANZ to VA then to KF??

Thanks,
K.

Yes.

It is better to go via VA.

It is even better if there is an bonus (ie 15%) to transfer shares to VA from ANZ which happens regularly. Whereas transfer bonii to Kryslyer are rare..

Thanks!

Anyone here know how long does it take approx to transfer VA to KF?

Thanks,
Kenn.

It is better to go via VA.

It is even better if there is an bonus (ie 15%) to transfer shares to VA from ANZ which happens regularly. Whereas transfer bonii to Kryslyer are rare..

I have done it a couple of times.
I think it was about 1 day.

Thanks.

So are there any cards that are better for transferring to KF direct? Non Amex cards. Or is it better to go via VA for all?

St George Signature earns equivalent of .75 points per dollar for VA and Kris so you would be worse off going to Kris via VA.
Not sure about others but might be worth checking other cards.

I have done it a couple of times.
I think it was about 1 day.
In my experience, VA to KF transfers have always been instant. Usually done it while had a KF agent on the phone helping me book redemption flights. Usually keep very few points at KF so the three year expiry doesnt kick in.

In my experience, VA to KF transfers have always been instant. Usually done it while had a KF agent on the phone helping me book redemption flights. Usually keep very few points at KF so the three year expiry doesnt kick in.

Do you guys think 1.35 conversion from VA to KF is a good rate?

I’m not excited by it but it’s the cost of being able to more easily redeem VA points. With VA membership being almost as ubiquitous as QF’s, there’s a lot of competition for international long haul redemptions particularly to the US.

I’m not excited by it but it’s the cost of being able to more easily redeem VA points. With VA membership being almost as ubiquitous as QF’s, there’s a lot of competition for international long haul redemptions particularly to the US.

Ok thanks.

How many QFF points is 1 Krisflyer point worth? I know I can't transfer between the schemes.

How many QFF points is 1 Krisflyer point worth? I know I can't transfer between the schemes.

One KF point is definitely worth quite a bit more than one QFF point for me. Just how much more depends on whether I'm looking to fly to Japan or to Europe. If given a choice between 400,000 QFF points and 200,000 KF points, I *might* opt for the former, but I'd have to think about it, factoring in that the high copay for a lot of QFF awards could be put towards buying more KF points.

Not sure if you have already done your transfer, but apparently in May Virgin will be doing a Bonus offer, Supposedly the biggest they have ever done. They even went to the extent to email all members to say DO NOT transfer any points until May as a special offer is coming

Hi All,

Please let me know if I am calculating this correctly or not?

I have a ANZ Black Rewards card.

My aim is to transfer to Krisflyer.

The rate is 1KF for 3 ANZ reward points. So for example if I want to transfer 75000 anz reward points to KF I will get 25000KF

But the transfer rate for Virgin is 1 Virgin mile for 2 anz rewards then I can transfer to KF at the rate of 1.35?
so 75000 turns into 37500 virgin miles and then that equates to 27777 KF miles?

So am I better off transferring from ANZ to VA then to KF??

Thanks,
K.

And then depending on what you want to book it might be better booking direct with VA once your points are there. I.e. not transferring your points to KF at all. Since the KF increases in points the values after transfer are much closer.

Thanks. But are the surcharges if booking on VA lower than booking with SQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back