Status
Not open for further replies.

knagelli

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
I had my platinum charge card replaced recently and the agent did mention to me over phone , my existing direct debits on old card will be honoured for 90 days. However today I realise my payment on energy australia was declined and had to default on my payment. Is it fair to ask for compensation or am I not being reasonable as I was misled with incorrect information.

Appreciate your views.

I had my platinum charge card replaced recently and the agent did mention to me over phone , my existing direct debits on old card will be honoured for 90 days. However today I realise my payment on energy australia was declined and had to default on my payment. Is it fair to ask for compensation or am I not being reasonable as I was misled with incorrect information.

Appreciate your views.

Philippines Call Centre?

My direct debits usually keep going for at least six months. I would follow this up.

Edit: Have you had other transactions on the new card that have successfully been processed?

Philippines Call Centre?

I suspect yes , but my concern is what if I had not checked my utility bill and if it was sitting there overdue and I would not have a clue. What if this will be reported to credit agencies as defaulting on my payment ?

I suspect yes , but my concern is what if I had not checked my utility bill and if it was sitting there overdue and I would not have a clue. What if this will be reported to credit agencies as defaulting on my payment ?
Probably not, I would think, depending on the Utility’s T&C, depending on how long it was overdue.

You may have received an alert from the Utility provider after cc declined, and that they would try again the next day?

Maybe I am just old and untrusting but I would never expect a card to roll over automatically. If/when they do I am presently surprised and when they don't I consider it normal.

Maybe I am just old and untrusting but I would never expect a card to roll over automatically.

Agree , I knew that it was going to happen but just to confirm I asked the question and was told it will work for 90 days. What they missed to inform is it will work only if there were any successful transactions with that merchant in the past.

Agree , I knew that it was going to happen but just to confirm I asked the question and was told it will work for 90 days. What they missed to inform is it will work only if there were any successful transactions with that merchant in the past.
I'll store that away thanks.

I routinely cancel card numbers every few years. It puts a halt to any direct debits out there I've forgotten about, and lets me reconcile my life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back