Total lack of new posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumthinfornuthin

Established Member
Guess the total lack of new posts says it all !!
Since the changes to points allocation my spend on this card is now calculated NOT to exceed $ 2,500 per month
Wonder how many others are the same and are now hammering other cards
Must be a real "winner"................................NOT !!

Last edited:
Ditto.....this card now gets exactly $2,500 ato per month and nothing more. As soon as they want an annual fee it will be closed. I wonder if Macquarrie are happy with their purchase.

I have this card and find it hard to justify using it, a total dud in my opinion and with CCR coming you should be abandoning dud cards!

I have this card and find it hard to justify using it, a total dud in my opinion and with CCR coming you should be abandoning dud cards!
I have had this card since its inception but in that time have never actually spent $1 on it. The only reason I keep it is the measily few bonus pts on WW spend but more importantly the fact they QF FF pts have no expiration date whilst linked to the card - and the way banks are throwing CC sign on bonus pts around I think it is still worth the annual fee.

Disclaimer: I ain't the sharpest pencil in the tin so above reasoning may well be questionable.

I might put $2.5k of BPay payments on this a month - does it still pay QFF on those?

- does it still pay QFF on those?
I presume you mean ATO.

Yes ... but the annual fee has nearly doubled & f not for a fee waiver I would no longer have this card.

Note that it still earns beyound 2500 per month, but the rate of earn is halved. Eg spend $3500 in a month and earn 3000 QFF points (2500 for the first $2500 & 500 for the remaining $1000).

I only kept mine because I got the annual fee waived when I asked to cancel. I used it for the Woolies 10% off promotion a few weeks ago...but I didn't get the discount! After a few weeks and a few phone calls they sent me a $50 voucher to make up for it, so I suppose I am in front.

My card is coming up for renewal and will only keep it if the fee is waived, like others here. I too used it for the 10% off promotion but other than that, use the Jetstar card I got recently with the 50k sign on bonus.

Do you still get double points when you use the Woolworths card to buy Qantas flights?

I make sure my monthly spend is less than $2500.
I have organised a Citibank Visa to replace it and will cancel the Macquarie card once the current free annual charge finishes.

I just checked my point activity into QFF from WW CCard and the last 2 months have been 6000/11000 points. Am I missing something?

The earn rate halves after $2,500, but is not capped. You can earn plenty of points if you use it lots, but you could earn more with other cards.

I remember when the first card I got from Everyday Money was a great card for $49pa. When they signed me up, it gave me 12 cents off a litre of petrol for about a year, till they changed it back to just 4 cents. But I still kept the card because it was handy - I didn't have to go into the counter to pay, I'd just use the card at the Woolworths/Caltex bowser and get my 4cents a litre off.

But then that stopped too, so I got rid of the card.

The current deal on the more expensive card strikes me as pretty good actually. One gets 30,000 bonus points for the first year fee of $99.
I value Qantas FF points at a cent per point (though others value them higher). So that's $300 worth of points for $99.
Then, they pay one point a dollar for the first $2500 statement spend, and half a point thereafter.

If instead of buying groceries with the card, one put all those services that currently only earn half a point on most cards onto the Everyday card - e.g. health insurance, water rates, electricity and gas bills, council rates - then one would double the points one is currently getting. It is pretty easy to smooth payments to utilities and health funds, so that one doesn't go over the $2500, just by prepaying in the months when nothing is due. For me, I spend about $12,000 a year on those, so I'd be getting an extra 6000 points more than what I currently get using my Amex and ANZ FF Visa card on them.

So that's 30000 bonus points plus 6000 additional points, which equates to about $360 for $99 the first year.

If one didn't have an Amex Platinum Edge card (the best one for buying groceries), then one should be able to use the Everyday Visa card and easily earn the full 2500 points per month (at a point a dollar), or 30,000 points a year - which equates to $300 for the ongoing card fee of $139 per annum. Which is not too bad a deal in my opinion, especially for people who know nothing about the Platinum Edge card - which is most everybody.

I might apply for it when I return from overseas.
Regards,
Renato

Last edited:
Well I'll shortly be saying goodbye to this card. Then in 12 months if they have a big sign on bonus I might came back for a short time. Double fee and half points after $2,500 means this card is history.

I've just sort of stuck with it as I just can't face the maze of new cards. Amex sucks because of the lack of acceptance (still!) and the additional fees charged. I got the Velocity card for the 50 000 point bonus but now they offer 110 000 points! I've got a CBA MC which I've basically had since 1988 but the points earned on it are low value when converted. I dunno. I just wish I had a Visa or MC credit card with minimal fee, 55 days interest free and 1 QFF or VA point per dollar spent with no upper limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back