Thumbs up for citibank for being fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumthinfornuthin

Established Member
I learnt on this site on the 1st November that CITIBANK were devaluing the conversion rate to Velocity. I had 170,000+ points and in a fit of picque with intention to cut up my card I transferred the lot on the 3rd at the devalued rate.

I then learnt on Loyalty.Com that they were reversing the decision on the 7th so I had effectively picked the low point for converting !!

I emailed them pointing out I had been a loyal client/user of their card for over 10 years with lots of dollars going through etc and asked them to reconsider and grant conversion at the old rate.

I received an email today and they have !!!

Thumbs up to them for being fair.

Just got an email today saying Citibank is closing one of its branches in Melbourne, seems like they are scaling down here in Victoria. Just hope the credit card rewards don't get scaled down like their branches.

Just got an email today saying Citibank is closing one of its branches in Melbourne, seems like they are scaling down here in Victoria. Just hope the credit card rewards don't get scaled down like their branches.

Which branch?

So surprised they are not opening a branch in Box Hill, as I know many Asians would like to do business with them. Well they are now scaling down in Melbourne, it definitely does shatter my confidence putting large amount of money with them.

That's a shame. It was the branch I normally used.

Both Camberwell and Collins St branches I found were always staffed by Asian looking employees and the customers usually seemed to be of Asian appearance too. Not sure why the demographic was skewed that way.

That seems like positive spin to me, an alternate explanation would be they were forced into backing down fairly reluctantly and only after they were threatened by complaints to regulators.
Maybe it's the 09 Shiraz or the prospect of eye fillet in about 30 minutes but I'm inclined to be a smidge more generous, Burman's.
Like you, I was apoplectic with the unannounced change two weeks ago but the OP's story is proof enough for me that Citi are listening.
Having said that, I'll be checking this forum every week, for when they give us the 20 days notice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back