The so called "CENTURION FARE GUARANTEE" program

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolpetcat

I've been a centurion member for around 2-3 years and my experience with the so called Elite card is getting worse and worse.

I was trying to book a ticket from SYD to PEK via Singapore airline in business, Amex quoted me around $4546 while Singapore Airline quoted me $4465, guessing the difference is the CC surcharge. While I was ok amex is a bit more expensive & lets face it, this is one of the "privilege" of paying $5000 annual fee - you get constantly ripped off. Anyhow, I managed to locate an agent online who can provide me with a fare just above $4000 all inclusive for exact the same booking class, route, date, etc. All identical.

Then I found out this great benefits called "CENTURION FARE GUARANTEE" or "Platinum FARE GUARANTEE", I would suggest fellow Platinum and Centurion members to check it out via "Benefits" tab. It clearly stated Singapore Air is participating in this program and valid till Dec 2017 & not subject to change.

When I call up my RM, I've been advised Singapore Airline is no longer in the program. I then went to Amercianexpress.com.au and went through the current marketing material for Platinum Charge card and Singapore airline is indeed still there. I also logged in to my account and it also appears there.

While I have no problem amex is more expensive then others even when they claim to be the best player in the market. I'm really disappointed that we've only been told of a benefits deterioration when we try to enjoy the benefits.

Any similar experience? let's share & see what more we can discover.

Yes, Centurion is getting worse and worse.
I'm a member of a group where verified Centurion members from around the world share our experiences and benefits of being a Centurion member, and it seems like its getting worse in all other countries as well.
No wonder a lot of people are changing over to Chase in the US, but its a shame there's still no alternative to AMEX in AUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back