the best unlimited monthly spend rewards credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

evojohnny

Hi Guys

My name is John from Brisbane

im looking for a business card (doesnt HAVE to be a business card, as my accountant can work around it)

basically with our 2 main suppliers here at work, we spend an average of $70,000 a month in total. They accept credit card payment, but only visa or mastercard.

im looking to gather as many points as possible as im going on a 2 month europe trip next year which i would like to redeem for flights and anything else.

from my searching, i have found the ANZ one card, which offers 0.5 points for every dollar spent.

i have come to ask here, is there something better than this, that i can spend 70,000 dollars a month or so on, and gain more than 0.5 points per dollar on?

thanks for your help guys

John......

I was under the impression the ANZ One offered 1 point for every $1.50, which is slightly better than the 0.5 rate.

In terms of cards offering unlimited points, there aren't that many options around, and others such as the Westpac cards are still 0.5 point per dollar on the Visa or Mastercard portion.

SOme of the private bank options might offer such a card however

evojohnny,

Welcome to AFF.

There is a huge amount of info available on this site re credit cards. It has been discussed many times. Suggest you do a search and have a look at all the options and you'll see plenty. I believe the biggest obstacle for you will be the number of points your talking about so you may need several cards.

The CBA Platinum is 1:1 ratio as is (i believe) the Citibank Gold or Platinum.

Good luck.

Also whatever card you have will need to be a direct sweep card in teh brave new QFF world.

whats direct sweep?

also yes i have quite a good look over this site, and found that anz one seemed to be the best (well it seemed like the only option)

thanks for recommending the other cards, will check them out also

Qf are moving to only allow people to move points to their program using direct sweep - i.e. points automatically transfer to QF.

Do a search on this site for "Direct Sweep" and you can read all about it.

i did, and all i found was a 15 page qantas thread, i looked through the first 5 pages then gave up when i found nothing on the issue

i had a quick look at the new frequent flyer site, and it doesnt list the ANZ one as part of their supported programs?

Hmm - just wondering why there is no specific reference to only allowing Direct Sweep. I would have thought that was an adverse change to a Credit Card scheme that would require some advance notification.

Hmm - just wondering why there is no specific reference to only allowing Direct Sweep. I would have thought that was an adverse change to a Credit Card scheme that would require some advance notification.
Because its not a change .... yet. It was just someone's interpretation of what QF may do with their plans to rule the loyalty program world.

ah ok

this sounds like it could be extremely limiting my options!

i really hope anz one still continues to transfer points to frequent flyer points!

when does this all come into effect?

also does anyone know

if i deposit the amount im going to spend onto my credit card first, (so its in credit), and then make the transaction with my supplier, with this still give me all the points for that transaction, even tho i didnt really go into any debt with the credit card?

Evojonny
please bear in mind many cc's nave capping limits
citibank gold 60000/yr
citibank plat 100000/yr
cba plat 150000/yr
so not only do you nave to consider monthly credit limit but also capping ,it is a real pain when your citibank gold gets capped 4 months into the year:mad: and you have to apply for another card.
Sometimes the low earn card may be better long term if there is no capping
Regards Danger UXB:)

as far as i can see ANZ one doesnt have a cap

so it looks like its the pick of the bunch!

It also depends on whether you want to gamble... I got the Citibank Gold card around a year ago and have earned around 2.5 millions points. Some people have been capped... but not me yet.

i guess i could get both, and then switch to anz one when it hits the cap

points per dollar spent does the citibank card have?

1:1 for citibank gold and plat and cba plat (mc only no visa available). they capped me after 3 1/2 yrs approx 850000 points
Regards Danger UXB

hey danger UXB

which card do you have?

im thinking about getting the Citibank platinum visa, it says that its capped at 120,000 points in a year

so are you saying there is a possibility that they wont cap it straight away?

ill also get the anz one, for a backup if and when the citibank card gets capped

Evojonny
citibank visa plat is $250/yr with $90 supp card(I need one for her indoors) capped at 100k or 120k points I forget
CBA mc plat is $200/yr with $30 supp card capped at 150k.
Both are 1:1 points conversion
I had a citibank gold for since about oct 04 and they have just capped me. My monthly spend is about 10k-12k so I shouldn't have been raising any eyebrows there but they eventually caught up with me. A phone call to citibank (cough call center) and they said convert to plat. I said CBA is a better deal ,they were happy to let me walk so I did to CBA I think their 150k cap will cover me for the year as I have an AMEX plat $1:1.5points that I use most of the time anyway ( no points cap)
Citibank used to do a "no fee for life" gold. I tried to apply but the offer is now off. See the links in the thread under citibak if you want to try
Regards Danger UXB

hey danger UXB

which card do you have?

im thinking about getting the Citibank platinum visa, it says that its capped at 120,000 points in a year

so are you saying there is a possibility that they wont cap it straight away?

ill also get the anz one, for a backup if and when the citibank card gets capped

The actual t&c's state that Citibank reserve the right to cap. They may or may not, and there are reports of things going both ways on he. Some folk are capped, some are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back