Answered - Targeted Coles Flybuys offer points missing | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered Targeted Coles Flybuys offer points missing

vdrv43ht

I received and activated this offer two weeks ago: "Collect 2,000 BONUS POINTS! When you spend $60 or more in one shop at Coles each week for 2 weeks."

I have made my two purchases ($62.35 on 30/Oct and $63.05 on 4/Nov) and both have posted on my flybuys account. However the bonus points have not posted yet. With similar offers in the past I normally get the bonus points together with the final purchase. So is it normal for this to not post straight away? My final purchase was on the 4th of November so it's been a week.

Denali

Established Member
AFF Supporter
What were the dates for week 1 and week 2 in the T&Cs for purchasing?

rainbowgirl

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I just checked the terms and conditions of this offer and it does say the bonus points will appear the week 2 shopping transaction. The dates you've mentioned are correct so I can't see a problem there. There could have been a problem with the activation process. Have you checked the list of excluded items against your purchases. Flybuys are fairly good with bonus points but I don't expect they are perfect. I didn't take up this offer as I had a better offer at Woolworths that week but hopefully someone else here did take up the equivalent offer and can let you know if they received the points on time. I have known promotions where all the bonus points have been delayed but it doesn't happen very often.

@flybuys Can you shed any light on the situation.

Nathant123

I had a similar offer of $150 each week for 2 weeks. Usually these offers post within 24 hours of the final shop for me but not this one. I contacted flybuys a few days after completing the promo and they manually credited pretty much straight away. Still waiting on the 1000pts for the gift MasterCard offer as well. at least the 4000 came through!

flybuys

Authenticated Company Representative
Apologies for the delay in replying; we're sorry for this glitch. All members who qualified should have received their points now; please let us know if you haven't.

bcworld

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I have had two occasions recently where I have received & activated offers for spend $x and get 1000 points. I have met the spend and neither has posted. At the same time I also get offers for spend $x for y weeks and these DO post.

The last of the ones that didn't post was spend $50 4 - 10 Nov get 1000 points. I recall checking in the T&Cs and there was no mention of any delay in posting.

Looking at posts on the Flybuys Facebook page it seems like a lot of people are in the same situation...they ask you to send a private message but neither read it or respond to it.

Of course I now have no record of the offers that appeared in my Flybuys app...it seems everything will need to be screenshot from now on.

flybuys

Authenticated Company Representative
I have had two occasions recently where I have received & activated offers for spend $x and get 1000 points. I have met the spend and neither has posted. At the same time I also get offers for spend $x for y weeks and these DO post.

The last of the ones that didn't post was spend $50 4 - 10 Nov get 1000 points. I recall checking in the T&Cs and there was no mention of any delay in posting.

Looking at posts on the Flybuys Facebook page it seems like a lot of people are in the same situation...they ask you to send a private message but neither read it or respond to it.

Of course I now have no record of the offers that appeared in my Flybuys app...it seems everything will need to be screenshot from now on.
We're happy to investigate these two (and any other) instances - please send us your details in a private message via this forum. We do read and act on Facebook private messages as soon as we can - at times in managing demand our response times may vary.

rainbowgirl

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Hi, I'm a long time lurker and don't have facebook. How do I do PM on here?

I think you need to have a minimum number of posts, possibly ten on this forum, the playground doesn't count, before you can Private Message.

At all times, regardless of post count, you can PM Admin or one of the moderators. Find a post by admin, hover over the user icon and a dialogue box should come up, choose the option Start A Conversation. There are probably other ways of sending a message to Admin or the moderators but I can't think of them right now. Admin will then forward your message to the flybuys rep and hopefully the matter will be resolved quickly. Welcome to AFF

support

Established Member
Administrator
I think you need to have a minimum number of posts, possibly ten on this forum, the playground doesn't count, before you can Private Message.
The requirement is 7 days membership and 1 post. I do not believe there is a way for a user who has not met that requirement to even open a conversation with staff members, but any member can report posts or use the contact form or even email myself or admin.

bcworld

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
So, updating on this one.

After a week I got a response via FB messenger.

They told me that the offer was to spend $120...however that refers to the general weekly booster that alternates between spend (typically) $120 and triple points. I know that is not what I activated. I protested and was given 1000 pts anyway.

This leads me to believe they have phantom offers appear in the app or elsewhere that they can find no details of later...so I will absolutely screenshot everything from now on.

I do also experience that offers are visible in the app, that do not appear if looking at FB in a browser. I also just got Coles Mastercard...and the FB offers that appear in the Coles mobile wallet app also don't match up! When I first installed it the other day it had an offer for petrol discount 6c / 12pts per litre. I activated it and then it was nowhere to be seen! The whole thing seems to be a bit of a mess!

AFF on Air Podcast

• Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamole