Switching credit card providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaileah

Hello everyone!

With CBA getting rid of the companion AMEX card in November, I'm looking to change credit card providers but a bit stuck with who is best to go with.

Currently on a Gold MC/AMEX with a high credit rating. However, income is low due to work circumstances changing after a couple of car accidents.

Ideally what I'm looking for is a card with a rewards program attached - thinking about the Qantas Everyday Premier card for the no annual fee offer for 1st year ($49 thereafter) and 40,000 bonus QF points, or the HSBC Platinum card which refunds the annual fee with $6000 spend.

Thoughts? Thank you all in advance.

K

Hello everyone!

With CBA getting rid of the companion AMEX card in November, I'm looking to change credit card providers but a bit stuck with who is best to go with.

Currently on a Gold MC/AMEX with a high credit rating. However, income is low due to work circumstances changing after a couple of car accidents.

Ideally what I'm looking for is a card with a rewards program attached - thinking about the Qantas Everyday Premier card for the no annual fee offer for 1st year ($49 thereafter) and 40,000 bonus QF points, or the HSBC Platinum card which refunds the annual fee with $6000 spend.

Thoughts? Thank you all in advance.

K
I currently have the Qantas Everyday Premier Card... and let’s just say the application process was... difficult indeed. I would stay away from this one to be honest.

I also have the ANZ Platinum FF card - 65,000 bonus points after spend criteria (40k min income I believe required). I would say with the i built insurance this would be much better value (In my opinion).

Also have a look at St George/Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum - 50,000 bonus points with an $99 annual fee.

And then there are others with no bonus points but have QF points attached (and not much income requirements).

Plenty of options on the market!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back