Still no bonus points after 5 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain hum

Applied for my Citibank card back in March when they were offering a 70k QF points start up bonus. Made the initial spend on 12 March.
No points posted on my April statement and a call to customer service told me they would be on my third statement as " they take 3 months to post"
May - nothing.
June - nothing.
Another call and I am told they will definitely be on my July statement.

Surprise surprise- nothing in July. I call up again and am told that they have credited then to my account but that I can't see them on my statement (???) . They promise they will post on 29th July.
30th July- nothing. Another call yesterday and they say they will post in August. i am waiting fir a supervisor to call me back. This will take up to 48 hours allegedly.
cough service and I will be canceling my card

so Citibank just called me back (after I posted to them on Twitter voicing my concerns again) . Once again, I was told that the 70,000 points were on my Citi bank account. So I asked why my account is still showing zero when I log in ( "oh that is odd, it must be some technical difficulty. They are definitely there".... ) So I request again , an email of the statement as proof. (still waiting)

I am then told that the points will post to Qantas on 21st August.
This after being told the will post in May. Then June. Then July ...... Told them that this is not good enough, but the chap that I spoke to didn't give a stuff. Simply said 'well that's when they will post".
I have asked for a call back from someone to give me a reason why, after my initial spend in March, I am still waiting for the points, as despite all the calls , no-one has yet answered this question.

I have never had such shabby customer service EVER.

Beware when you come up to renewal in a year. I had intended to cancel it but forgot and then saw a $299 charge. Phoned them up saying I wanted to cancel and was then passed onto another department whereby the girl there convinced me to hold onto it for another year for no charge and she'd cancel the $299 fee. OK I thought no pain in that. I then go away on holidays for 6 weeks and come back to credit default letters etc. I hadn't checked my statements since then as I hadn't used it and thought nothing of them, but the month after the call a charge of $49 for access to rewards program was charged. As I missed the monthly repayment within a short matter of time the debt had blown out to $150 as I was being charged $10 "per week" default fee. The most outrageous fee I've ever seen, but all in the T&C's I'm sure....anyway they agreed to cancel the extra penalties but I had to pay the $49....Moral of the story, cancel it before the year is out....unless you really want it....;)

On the other point of shabby service...when I first called them on this $150 amount, the customer service guy was telling me it was in the T&C's and i then pushed back on saying this was not what was represented to me by the previous rep. Anyway, he just hung up on me as I was talking mid-sentence!! Its not shabby, its pathetic!!

Well I got another call today( after further Twitter posts) from the same guy. Apologized for raising his voice . I'm still not getting the points on my QF account until August ( allegedly) and he still couldn't explain why my points were never credited , despite my prior phone calls ( his excuse was that the person I spoke to "must have given me the wrong information" - - well I'd worked that one out)
They are sending me a letter ( allegedly) to confirm
1- the posting of the 70k points to QF in August
2- the refund of half of my annual cc fee ( I told them I wanted to cancel my card )
watch this space.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back